Strong Bones

Posted by Reviewer3112262 on Jan 28, 2010

I was continually going to a Chiropractor because my back kept going out but once I faithfully began taking Bone Meal my back has stayed strong and has not gone out despite the wear and tear I have put on it. It has been 1 year now and also my fingernails grew fast and very strong which never happened before I used Bone Meal.

Bone Meal Powder

Posted by Reviewer1616145 on Sep 20, 2008

I cook all of my dogs food from scratch. Their vet recommended this kind of bone meal powder, she said they test it for heavy metals, when other brands are not tested. That's good enough for me!

Used in Dr Pitcairn's Healthy Powder recipe for cats

Posted by Reviewer1687524 on Jun 30, 2011

I wanted to try a recipe I found on the Internet for Dr. Pitcairn's "Healthy Powder" nutrient supplement for cats (on a raw food diet). The recipe is made up in bulk and used a few teaspoons at a time in a cat's food: 2 cups of nutritional yeast, 1 cup of lecithin granules, ¼ cup kelp powder, ¼ bonemeal and 1000 mg vitamin C: mix and keep refrigerated. I found all these along with other supplements I wanted to use, namely Vit A and E and taurine, all offered by iHerb. I'm using the powder with canned food mainly b/c there's no time to make the raw food. It's not possible to reach any conclusions on health benefits after only a few weeks but I think I'm seeing increased energy/vitality. * * * On learning more from Dr. Pitcairn, apparently bone meal derived from the United States is undesirable due to the toxic load that animals in first world nations carry. I'm not sure I see a way around this - maybe there's unpolluted bone meal available, I'll have to look for that, but with regard to this product, I am now concerned because of its provenance. This doesn't mean I won't be buying this product again, because I will unless and until I can find a better or learn more about this issue. Meanwhile I note how they are running tests on the level of heavy metals in their product, a good starting point, and would be interested in knowing their standards more precisely.

Natural calcium

Posted by Reviewer1707140 on Jan 28, 2010

I prefer to take what I need from food rather than from extracts, whenever I can. So I started taking some bone meal for calcium, and am giving some to my dog as well.

From Washington

Posted by Reviewer1874863 on Mar 02, 2011

I'm using this as a calcium supplement since I've given up dairy. Not sure if I should be concerned about heavy metals, but I find it to be the most agreeable calcium supplement I have tried.

bone strength

Posted by Reviewer1493948 on Aug 25, 2008

Fine supplement for bone strength. Inexpensive. Hard to find anywhere else. Thanks, Iherb.

Now Foods, Bone Meal Powder

Posted by Reviewer2533421 on Nov 08, 2008

I have used this in my home made dog food for many years now. It is a good price (in comparison, I've seen bone meal that is not for human consumption cost more than Now Foods bone meal), and so far I've had no complaints from my dogs about the taste :) My dogs have extensive annual routine blood checks and so far everything has always come back normal, so I know they get all of the nutrients I feed them.

Great Buy

Posted by Reviewer3260901 on Jul 25, 2007

I use bone meal powder in my cat food recipes. Now brand is exactly what I want, and comes at a great price.

wonderful product

Posted by Reviewer3020750 on Oct 21, 2007

I also use this in my cats food recipe, and it's great!

Excellent Products, good company

Posted by Reviewer2631461 on Oct 25, 2007

This is my second order. Very pleased. Even did a return which was handled flawlessly. iHerb.com has my business.