A great supplement

Posted by Reviewer3207170 on Jun 25, 2008

Borage oil is a useful supplement in the treatment of skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis. I am a Nurse Practitioner and I tell my clients with these conditions to take 1-3 softgels of 1,000mg Borage oil daily. We have seen amazing results in lessened itchiness and scaling. I also recommend it for PMS and menopausal symptoms.

Better than Evening Primrose Oil

Posted by Reviewer2593977 on Jul 29, 2010

Good product from Now Foods. I suffer from hair loss due to menopause, Hashimoto's Hypothyroid disease and Seborrheic Dermatitis. I have been taking this along with Saw Palmetto extract to try to slow down hair loss. It seems to be working. After 3 weeks I am losing much less hair in the shower.

Great for eczema

Posted by Reviewer1794902 on Jan 21, 2009

I use this for my daughter's eczema. I give her one capsule a day internally, and I break open one capsule and rub it on her eczema at night. It is the only thing that works and it sure beats toxic steroid creams!

Atrial Fribulation

Posted by Reviewer2119459 on Sep 12, 2007

I usually use Barlean's flax oil to completely control my A-frib, but when I forget for a while and it starts creeping back, Borage oil does the trick even faster than the flax oil- but it's more expensive. Also great for inflammation.

Great Price

Posted by Reviewer1423069 on Dec 01, 2008

My husband has psorisas and has tried many ointments. The Borage Oil is actually clearing up his rash as well as the itching. Thank you for this product.

Skin and Brain health

Posted by Reviewer2764354 on Dec 09, 2008

Now Foods Borage is the best value in its class, providing source of GLA to help control my systemic inflammation.When I take NOW borage, my joints don't hurt and my skin looks better.

Great!

Posted by Reviewer2766668 on Jun 25, 2010

I have not read a whole lot about GLA helping with tooth enamel, but believe it or not, this has made a noticable difference in my dental problems!

Skin conditioning

Posted by Reviewer2756205 on Apr 12, 2008

Actually I use this for my dog who had enormous dandruff issues. This along with Now's evening primrose oil and Natural Factors fish oil have done the trick.

Great mixed with skin cream

Posted by Reviewer2579171 on Jan 11, 2015

I can tell a big difference in the way my skin looks when I mix a little of this oil right from the capsule into my night cream. One capsule will last 3-4 nights. I just puncture the capsule with the point of a surgical blade and squeeze out the amount I want each time. I was recently in the hospital, no makeup of course, and several of the nurses and doctors commented on how nice my skin is and said they could not believe how young I look for 76. I also take one capsule a day along with an Alaska Salmon Oil capsule and a flax seed oil capsule. 2 years later:....Well, I'm 78 now and my skin looks better than it did 2 years ago. I can't believe how wonderful Borage Oil is for the skin. I take one a day and I mix it into my face cream

good for hair

Posted by Reviewer1630926 on Nov 25, 2012

I actually bought it to help my period pain, but found that EPO was better for period pain. However, it really helped with my hair!! My hair was like straw due to health issues, after taking this my hair is normal! Be patient, it does take a long time, at least 6 months to notice a change. It took me about a year to get my hair thick and shinny again. I'm very happy. I notice difference in my hair when I stop taking it.