A great supplement

Posted by Reviewer3207170 on Jun 25, 2008

Borage oil is a useful supplement in the treatment of skin disorders such as eczema and psoriasis. I am a Nurse Practitioner and I tell my clients with these conditions to take 1-3 softgels of 1,000mg Borage oil daily. We have seen amazing results in lessened itchiness and scaling. I also recommend it for PMS and menopausal symptoms.

Better than Evening Primrose Oil

Posted by Reviewer2593977 on Jul 29, 2010

Good product from Now Foods. I suffer from hair loss due to menopause, Hashimoto's Hypothyroid disease and Seborrheic Dermatitis. I have been taking this along with Saw Palmetto extract to try to slow down hair loss. It seems to be working. After 3 weeks I am losing much less hair in the shower.

Great for eczema

Posted by Reviewer1794902 on Jan 21, 2009

I use this for my daughter's eczema. I give her one capsule a day internally, and I break open one capsule and rub it on her eczema at night. It is the only thing that works and it sure beats toxic steroid creams!

Atrial Fribulation

Posted by Reviewer2119459 on Sep 12, 2007

I usually use Barlean's flax oil to completely control my A-frib, but when I forget for a while and it starts creeping back, Borage oil does the trick even faster than the flax oil- but it's more expensive. Also great for inflammation.

Takes time to work.

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 16, 2013

I got this after the Perricone recommendation for weight loss. Borage oil contains GLA which improves insulin sensitivity. It just takes a lot time to work, even 6 months. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Great Price

Posted by Reviewer1423069 on Dec 01, 2008

My husband has psorisas and has tried many ointments. The Borage Oil is actually clearing up his rash as well as the itching. Thank you for this product.

Skin is clear and I've lost Belly flab!

Posted by Reviewer1677728 on Mar 23, 2009

Woohoo, my teens and I take just one a day for clear skin and it also got rid of the tummy buldge too. My tan is better too by the way, I used to burn and now I don't thanks to the Borage oil in these capsules.

Skin and Brain health

Posted by Reviewer2764354 on Dec 09, 2008

Now Foods Borage is the best value in its class, providing source of GLA to help control my systemic inflammation.When I take NOW borage, my joints don't hurt and my skin looks better.

Skin conditioning

Posted by Reviewer2756205 on Apr 12, 2008

Actually I use this for my dog who had enormous dandruff issues. This along with Now's evening primrose oil and Natural Factors fish oil have done the trick.

Great!

Posted by Reviewer2766668 on Jun 25, 2010

I have not read a whole lot about GLA helping with tooth enamel, but believe it or not, this has made a noticable difference in my dental problems!