Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Now Foods, Bromelain, 500 mg, 60 Veggie Caps

Another Quality Product from Now

Posted by Reviewer1958329 on Mar 12, 2008

Bromelain is such a great enzyme. It works for inflammation as well as for digestion. I take it on an empty stomach for joint pain. I take one a day unless I have more pain than usual and then I take it about 3 times a day. It does not have any of the side effects of NSAIDs or acetaminaphen.

Good for inflammation and thinning the blood

Posted by Reviewer1457137 on Oct 20, 2008

I use it to help keep blood pressure down, as bromelain also thins the blood, making it easier to pump. This and magnesium (with Betain HCL to help absorbion) seems to work nicely.

good for flu and helps with absorption of other supplements

Posted by Reviewer2116014 on Aug 12, 2009

I always keep a supply of this on hand because it has the highest potency of bromelain and when used with Vitamin C and Quercitin, it helps combat the flu. As a proteolytic enzyme, bromelain digests protein and viruses contain protein so this enzyme helps to lessen the viral load so that the immune system can do its job better. I also use bromelain with other difficult-to-absorb supplements like Quercitin and Curcumin because it is supposed to help with absorption.

good anti-inflammatory properties

Posted by blabla on Sep 12, 2012

For a months I had a condition which was either tendonitis or plantar fasciitis. I am not sure which ones it was because I never went to a doctor but I had the typical symptoms and read about bromelain and its properties. I decided to give it a try when my foot recovery had reached a plateau after a few months of unpleasant pain in the foot arch. After a month of taking Bromelain my foot is feeling much better and pretty much all the pain is gone. Bromelain has mild blood thinning properties and might interact with some drugs, so probably it's not a good idea to take it before consulting a medical specialist.

Excellent for digestion and inflammation

Posted by Reviewer2317330 on Feb 02, 2010

Helps with my fiancee's problems with digestion and, at a dose of 1500 mg per day, seems to help with inflammation in her muscles around her neck and back. Very powerful stuff once sold as a prescription for use before surgeries to reduce inflammation.