New To iHerb?

Now Foods, Butterbur, 60 Veggie Caps

Reviews 3-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

Not an herb, but a medication

Posted by Reviewer1109989 on Jun 07, 2010

Because this supplement contains feverfew, use it very cautiously. It is a strong blood thinner (think coumadin). Make sure you stop taking it 2 weeks before any surgery. Be sure to consult with your health care provider. As far as how effective it was for my headaches, I think it was helpful but had to take half the dose or else I felt sick. Then I had to stop it due to the blood thinning side effects.

Mixed reviews

Posted by Reviewer2227545 on Jul 22, 2008

This product worked great on my son's headache. I opened the capsule in applesauce. While it tasted gross he finished it and it worked quickly to relieve the head pain. I then tried it on my 83 yr old mother who suffers with summer allergies and head and eye pain. It did not make a bit of difference.

Butterbur for migraines

Posted by Reviewer1507343 on Feb 22, 2010

My sister found Butterbur in her research about my migraines. I have been taking it twice daily for 6 weeks now and have noticed a lessening in the serverity/intensity of my migraines.

Butterbur

Posted by Reviewer1938673 on Mar 03, 2010

I bought Butterbur because I heard it is the Sigulair of the herb world. I have been taking it for a few weeks now and I feel a little better but I am still stuffed up. I think I need to take for a little longer for the full effect to kick in. iHerb by far has the best prices and selection of herbs as well as super fast delivery

can't really judge

Posted by Reviewer2356201 on May 05, 2011

got it for husband (migraine & stress headache man), and he hasn't mentioned whether it's helping or not. he hasn't complained about his head hurting quite as much lately, so it might be helping...but still uncertain. i figure, it's definitely worth trying - everyone is different, and the price is low enough that it's well worth the effort. plus, it doesn't have any creepy binders in it (magnesium stearate or stearic acid), which is awesome!

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »