Not an herb, but a medication

Posted by Reviewer1109989 on Jun 07, 2010

Because this supplement contains feverfew, use it very cautiously. It is a strong blood thinner (think coumadin). Make sure you stop taking it 2 weeks before any surgery. Be sure to consult with your health care provider. As far as how effective it was for my headaches, I think it was helpful but had to take half the dose or else I felt sick. Then I had to stop it due to the blood thinning side effects.

Mixed reviews

Posted by Reviewer2227545 on Jul 22, 2008

This product worked great on my son's headache. I opened the capsule in applesauce. While it tasted gross he finished it and it worked quickly to relieve the head pain. I then tried it on my 83 yr old mother who suffers with summer allergies and head and eye pain. It did not make a bit of difference.

Butterbur for migraines

Posted by Reviewer1507343 on Feb 22, 2010

My sister found Butterbur in her research about my migraines. I have been taking it twice daily for 6 weeks now and have noticed a lessening in the serverity/intensity of my migraines.

Butterbur

Posted by Reviewer1938673 on Mar 03, 2010

I bought Butterbur because I heard it is the Sigulair of the herb world. I have been taking it for a few weeks now and I feel a little better but I am still stuffed up. I think I need to take for a little longer for the full effect to kick in. iHerb by far has the best prices and selection of herbs as well as super fast delivery

can't really judge

Posted by Reviewer2356201 on May 05, 2011

got it for husband (migraine & stress headache man), and he hasn't mentioned whether it's helping or not. he hasn't complained about his head hurting quite as much lately, so it might be helping...but still uncertain. i figure, it's definitely worth trying - everyone is different, and the price is low enough that it's well worth the effort. plus, it doesn't have any creepy binders in it (magnesium stearate or stearic acid), which is awesome!

Felt neurophysical effect

Posted by Osanderos on Jan 06, 2012

I wished that this product could help me with astma symptoms. This prouct can perhaps help with astma, but unfortunately I experienced discomfort due to my mild kidney disease. Product is probably best suited for people who are looking for help with psychosomatical or with neurophysical problems.

Helpful Pain Relief

Posted by Reviewer2467369 on May 10, 2009

This product helps decrease migraine pain, but I did have a reaction to the Feverfew which can cause some gum bleeding in some individuals. Purchase a Butterbur product separately.

better than what i expected

Posted by Reviewer1958097 on Aug 25, 2009

this worked pretty good at first but as time went on I started suffering with allergy attacks. I might go back to my reg meds.

works

Posted by Reviewer2220657 on Sep 02, 2009

Worked for me as well as Zyrtec did, and for ALOT less money.

Butterbur

Posted by Reviewer1724145 on Oct 14, 2007

My neurologist recommended this. I've been on it 6 weeks with a little change, however, I get 3-4 migraines a week so any change is good.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »