Cal Powder

Posted by Reviewer2253141 on May 19, 2010

This stuff gets me my calcium easily. I swirl it in a tiny bit of water, it dissolves and I drink it. Easy. Does not taste like anything. Looks like milk when all dissolved. I wish this calcium came in 500 mg pure capsule pills, but they don't. However, this is better because I can more easily monitor the calcium dosage per day because it is a powder. It is hard to transport though, and I put it in a mini-Nalgene liquid container that I got from the Container Store.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer3158093 on May 25, 2010

I ordered this after UpCal D reformulated their calcium to have so much filler. NOW Foods makes a product that is pure calcium with no fillers. This makes for easy blending and the powder is barely noticeable. When I mix it with yogurt, I can't even tell there is anything extra in it. I also mix it in drinks with no problem.

Now Foods, Calcium Citrate Powder, 8 oz.

Posted by Reviewer1947628 on Jan 19, 2010

They do not call it "New and Improved", but that's what I call it. This powder is finer than the last one was, and mixes much more smoothly into foods.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer1265016 on Aug 02, 2013

These are economical and good quality

easy to use - you decide how many mg to use

Posted by jeplace on Jul 15, 2010

It is easy to use, just measure to how many mg you need. It needs something for flavor though.

Calcium Citrate Powder

Posted by Reviewer2356373 on Jul 23, 2008

This has helped me to be able to take in the 1500mg I am supposed to be having each day. The chewables were hardly bareable..Thanks!

Calcium Citrate Powder

Posted by Reviewer2905650 on Sep 05, 2009

I bought the Now Foods Calcium Citrate powder since I have a hard time swallowing tablets. Chewable calcium, aside from the sugared up "choclate" versions in the suppermarket, are hard to find.It is a little gritty, but it is recommended to add it to thick drinks. The product itself is good, the powdered form is so so.

Using it as a dog diet supplement

Posted by Reviewer2189206 on Oct 20, 2009

One of my dogs has calcium oxalate stones so I began home cooking for my pets. This product is PERFECT for dogs with CO stone issues since calcium must be added to home cooked foods and this particular product does not encourage stone creation.

My Opinion

Posted by Reviewer3098280 on Jun 12, 2014

Today is the 2nd time I used the powdered calcium citrate. The powder is extremly easy to mix and I mix it with just enough water, stir, and drink. It tastes like nothing. Today I took it with a buffered vitamin C powder and vitamin D after I ate lunch. No stomach issues. The powder is a bit messy, but I can deal with it. Calcium Citrate is quickly available to the body which is what I was looking for, and I read it is great not only for us but elders as their lower stomach acids can digest this form more easily than a calcium carbonate or any other forms of calcium. I also use a product called Calm (a magnesium citrate/carbonate) which says it balances out the calcium so before I go to sleep I will take 1/4 tsp (a dose that works for me) for a good night's sleep. It is still early to tell how much more I will like this product since I am a new user, so I am giving it 3.5 stars.

Good absorption

Posted by Reviewer2905303 on Jun 26, 2011

In an article written by a professional in the field, this calcium compound, which combines with citric acid, was recommended for having a good bio-availability percentage rate, around 25%. The mild, weak acidity of citrate signals your stomach not to secrete additional digestive juices, and the calcium product joins your system directly without stomach irritation. We haven't had any problems with this product.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »