| English
| USD ($)

Now Foods, Calcium Citrate, 100% Pure Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

Cheap!

Posted by sav430 on Jun 26, 2012

Just calcium citrate without the extra crap that is added in pills. Taking this is also a lot cheaper than buying pills. 5 stars easy!

The real stuff

Posted by Reviewer2723286 on Sep 02, 2012

I had earlier purchased Nature's Way product, titled Calcium Citrate and in small print, Carbonate & Malate. However, the proportions of each are nowhere mentioned. Since my research indicated that the citrate molecule is by far the most active in creating bone strength, I then bought Now Foods Calcium Citrate. It is a powder and forms a milky mix easily. I weigh the powder and use 3 to 3.3 grams daily (3gm of the powder contains 630 mg of calcium). I am pleased to obtain what I wanted. I also take Magnesium Citrate tablets (400 mg of magnesium/day), needed to make the calcium build bones.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer1265016 on Aug 02, 2013

These are economical and good quality

My Opinion

Posted by Reviewer3098280 on Jun 12, 2014

Today is the 2nd time I used the powdered calcium citrate. The powder is extremly easy to mix and I mix it with just enough water, stir, and drink. It tastes like nothing. Today I took it with a buffered vitamin C powder and vitamin D after I ate lunch. No stomach issues. The powder is a bit messy, but I can deal with it. Calcium Citrate is quickly available to the body which is what I was looking for, and I read it is great not only for us but elders as their lower stomach acids can digest this form more easily than a calcium carbonate or any other forms of calcium. I also use a product called Calm (a magnesium citrate/carbonate) which says it balances out the calcium so before I go to sleep I will take 1/4 tsp (a dose that works for me) for a good night's sleep. It is still early to tell how much more I will like this product since I am a new user, so I am giving it 3.5 stars.

easy to use - you decide how many mg to use

Posted by jeplace on Jul 15, 2010

It is easy to use, just measure to how many mg you need. It needs something for flavor though.