Caused horrific indigestion and acid reflux!

Posted by Reviewer2442467 on Apr 25, 2010

Shortly after I began taking this product last Fall (after switching from Enzymatic Therapy brand), I developed horrible acid reflux and a gnawing/burning pain in my stomach. Not realizing that this supplement was the cause, I began taking Prilosec last November because the symptoms were so severe. I also eliminated all of my extraneous supplements, but continued taking my multi, fish oil and calcium. Still, I found no relief and could not even go a single day without the Prilosec. Then, I decided to retrace my steps and figure out exactly what I did differently just prior to the onset of these symptoms. Switching to this brand of calcium/magnesium was the only thing that was new. I stopped taking it a week ago, and can now go without the Prilosec for the first time in 5 months!!! I don't know if my reaction occurred because the product was spoiled or because the ingredients. After this experience, I have to say I will never try anything in the "Now" product line again. I will stick with Jarrow and Enzymatic Therapy.

Carolyn

Posted by Reviewer2423794 on Jan 10, 2009

Been using this product for years and have good bone density reviews.

Now Foods, Calcium & Magnesium

Posted by Reviewer1572258 on Feb 29, 2008

Great product! I no longer have issues with constipation! At the same time I am getting my Calcium. I can only take one capsule though, otherwise would run through me. I have Calcium in my multivitamin as well, so that is ok.

Molly

Posted by Reviewer1031542 on Feb 04, 2009

The calcium/magnesium has helped with body aches. This is a good product.

Now Calcium Citrate and Magnesium with Vi. D and Zinc

Posted by Reviewer1623383 on Apr 16, 2008

This is the best calcium I have found; I originally chose it because of the calcium citrate. Although the capsules are large, they are easy to swallow for me. The added Vi. D takes care of another essential nutrient.

All I can say is WOW!

Posted by Reviewer2314773 on Feb 12, 2009

Although these are large gelcaps, they're very easy to swallow. I've noticed immediate improvement. I'm sleeping more soundly, less water retention, and my minor knee pain just went away. I'm really grateful to Iherb for making it so easy to purchase so many great items in one place and at such a reasonable price.

Cal-Mag-D

Posted by Reviewer2664923 on Aug 30, 2009

I actually noticed a difference when I ran out - my cravings for chocolate increased!

GOOD PRODUCT

Posted by Reviewer1909667 on Oct 28, 2008

SINCE I TOOK THIS ,MY NAILS ARE GROWING BACK SO I KNOW IT WORKS....THE SOFTGELLS ARE BIG BUT EASY TO TAKE, I ACTUALLY CHEW ON THEM AND LIKE IT.

I've used this one for several years

Posted by 5762736140210674539 on Jun 30, 2015

Calcium is necessary for bone health, but must be taken with another supplement for it to be absorbed into the bones instead of the blood vessels. And magnesium is necessary (for me at least) to help with muscle cramps in my legs. I do take an extra magnesium supplement apart, and away from the time I take this product, in order to get enough magnesium to benefit my health. There are other reasons to take an extra magnesium supplement, i.e. kidney stone prevention, which I have read here and there on the net. I've never had kidney stones, but do have friends that suffer from them.

great product

Posted by FancyBeauty on Aug 26, 2012

Great supplement to keep your bones healthy.