Caused horrific indigestion and acid reflux!

Posted by Reviewer2442467 on Apr 25, 2010

Shortly after I began taking this product last Fall (after switching from Enzymatic Therapy brand), I developed horrible acid reflux and a gnawing/burning pain in my stomach. Not realizing that this supplement was the cause, I began taking Prilosec last November because the symptoms were so severe. I also eliminated all of my extraneous supplements, but continued taking my multi, fish oil and calcium. Still, I found no relief and could not even go a single day without the Prilosec. Then, I decided to retrace my steps and figure out exactly what I did differently just prior to the onset of these symptoms. Switching to this brand of calcium/magnesium was the only thing that was new. I stopped taking it a week ago, and can now go without the Prilosec for the first time in 5 months!!! I don't know if my reaction occurred because the product was spoiled or because the ingredients. After this experience, I have to say I will never try anything in the "Now" product line again. I will stick with Jarrow and Enzymatic Therapy.

Now Foods, Calcium & Magnesium

Posted by Reviewer1572258 on Feb 29, 2008

Great product! I no longer have issues with constipation! At the same time I am getting my Calcium. I can only take one capsule though, otherwise would run through me. I have Calcium in my multivitamin as well, so that is ok.

Carolyn

Posted by Reviewer2423794 on Jan 10, 2009

Been using this product for years and have good bone density reviews.

Molly

Posted by Reviewer1031542 on Feb 04, 2009

The calcium/magnesium has helped with body aches. This is a good product.

All I can say is WOW!

Posted by Reviewer2314773 on Feb 12, 2009

Although these are large gelcaps, they're very easy to swallow. I've noticed immediate improvement. I'm sleeping more soundly, less water retention, and my minor knee pain just went away. I'm really grateful to Iherb for making it so easy to purchase so many great items in one place and at such a reasonable price.

Now Calcium Citrate and Magnesium with Vi. D and Zinc

Posted by Reviewer1623383 on Apr 16, 2008

This is the best calcium I have found; I originally chose it because of the calcium citrate. Although the capsules are large, they are easy to swallow for me. The added Vi. D takes care of another essential nutrient.

GOOD PRODUCT

Posted by Reviewer1909667 on Oct 28, 2008

SINCE I TOOK THIS ,MY NAILS ARE GROWING BACK SO I KNOW IT WORKS....THE SOFTGELLS ARE BIG BUT EASY TO TAKE, I ACTUALLY CHEW ON THEM AND LIKE IT.

Cal-Mag-D

Posted by Reviewer2664923 on Aug 30, 2009

I actually noticed a difference when I ran out - my cravings for chocolate increased!

This one WORKS!!`

Posted by Reviewer3176477 on Feb 25, 2009

I have used many different brands and combinations of Cal/Mag, but always come back to NOW's softgels. Seems I'm always looking for something better -in all my supplement choices, is the reason I even try others, but I'm not sure there is another better! This combo in softgel form really works to calm nerves and restless legs often in as little as 20 minutes! I'm at mid-life and I find that going too many days without this product and I am edgy and anxious, AND don't sleep well. I'm sold and will be careful to make sure I order the right form from now on. Capsules do not seem to work as well.

A great alternative to the powder

Posted by Reviewer1971540 on Jan 11, 2009

I switched from Now's powdered calcium & magnesium to these softgels, and was initially horrified by their size, since I sometimes have trouble swallowing large pills. But the smooth texture makes them very easy to swallow, and I much prefer them to the powder.