• Reviews | English

Too much grit!

Posted by Reviewer2281471 on Jul 27, 2010

Our latest batch contained far too much grit--very tiny rocks that are impossible to distinguish from the amaranth. Instead of a smooth, pleasant porridge, we have been fighting through grit crunching between our teeth...very aggravating! We have struggled through two bags and plan to use the other two for bird seed.

More stones than amaranth!

Posted by 4742878098617811749 on May 06, 2014

This is the first time I purchased this brand of Amaranth from iherb and goodness I cannot believe how much grit is there in this product! It's like chewing on sand! I'm amazed iherb is selling such a product. My morning porridge was an ordeal I could NOT see coming, was absolutely gobsmacked how something inedible like this can sell. Never buying this again. I wish I had read that single 1 star review!

Very bad!!!!!

Posted by 5485210155117157658 on Aug 16, 2014

This was the first time I bought amaranth, will probably never buy again!!!! It's impossible to get rid of sand by rinsing because the seeds are so small !!! will never bye again from iherb just waist of money!!!!!!!!!:((((

Sandy and rocky

Posted by 4815425276698874455 on Jul 17, 2014

I think the title says it all. It's the fist time I bought this product from Iherb and it will be the last time. What a shame? Its not cheap, even in France it is cheaper. This product was very unpleasant to eat, I had the impression to eat stones or sands. I definitely advise to stay away from it unless you like eating sand or don't mind your teeth health. I will just throw the remain to the bin as I don't want to experience this unpleasant sensation again.

Grit, grit and little more grit

Posted by Reviewer2008735 on Jul 29, 2014

This was the first time I bought amaranth, will probably never buy again :( It's impossible to get rid of the grit by rinsing because the seeds are so small they go through even the densest sieve.

iherb rip off - only $3.99 at vitacost

Posted by 5405914466706123978 on Nov 20, 2016

Don't know why the price here is much much higher than vitacost, which is only $3.99 Good product though. Will shop else where