NOW is the BEST Stevia, period!

Posted by Reviewer3000807 on Mar 30, 2007

I have been using natural foods for 30+ years, even owned a health food store in the past. Have tried many brands of stevia, and found NOW to the best. Best taste, best sweetening, disolves readily, and no complaints from any "junk food junkies" who drink tea sweetened with it. I used 3/4 of a teaspoon in a gallon of tea, and everyone is happy so far. I haven't baked with it, just used in drinks and smoothies, but plan to try some other recipes. Very glad to have purchased the pound container, great bargain, and will ensure that we don't run out of Stevia any time soon.

Delicious natural sweetener

Posted by Reviewer2949310 on Jan 26, 2007

This is a really fantastic price for bulk stevia. I have never found it cheaper than $100 per pound anywhere else. A pound lasts me for 12-18 months because it is 200 times sweeter than table sugar so, for example, I only need 1/8 teaspoon to sweeten a cup of tea. I carry NOW's small shaker bottle of stevia with me (also sold by iHerb) everywhere and use it in restaurants to sweeten my coffee and tea. To me, stevia tastes much better in hot and cold drinks than artificial sweetener, and has no bad chemicals. It is especially delicious in lemonade with fresh lemons. You can also make your own natural soda by adding lemon, lime, cherry, or concentrated orange juice to seltzer water and sweetening with stevia--yum! I also use stevia in baking, substituting it for sugar. Because stevia is so much sweeter than sugar, supposedly 1/8 tsp. is the same sweetness as 1/2 C of sugar. In my recipes, though, I substitute at a rate of 1/2 tsp. of stevia per 1/2 C of sugar to get a level of sweetness I prefer. I think stevia performs at its peak in drinks and smoothies--in fact, in all fruit dishes it is wonderful. For baking, I tend to use not just stevia, but a combination of sugar substitutes, such as Sucanat, which NOW also sells, FOS, and Lo Han Guo. My kids have sometimes complained that stevia has an aftertaste in baked goods--but only if I confess I used it. When I don't tell them I used it, they can't tell that I didn't use regular sugar by the taste, especially if I combine it with Sucanat. I've also had friends of my kids, who are junk-food addicts, rave over my cookies.

Great Value, Sweet taste..

Posted by Reviewer1304787 on Jan 13, 2010

I have used Stevia for years. I have tried several other brands of Stevia but I have found the NOW Stevia to be the purest and easiet to dissolve. I was so glad to find I could buy Stevia in bulk.

Best Stevia Product Around

Posted by 5396985866773193548 on Dec 16, 2014

Taste is excellent. No calories. No sugar. All natural. The perfect sweetener.

great taste and economical stevia powder

Posted by melissa on Apr 03, 2012

I love stevia powder!! So glad I came across this brand. Great taste and very economical. I'll be buying this product again. I highly recommend this product.

Great stevia product.

Posted by 4841858334864032374 on Jul 08, 2012

Loved the purity and organic nature.

Sugar sensitive

Posted by Reviewer1964994 on Mar 28, 2007

I have used this products several times in the small one ounce container. It is always good, never bitter.

An excellent natural sweetener

Posted by Reviewer2366534 on Mar 09, 2008

Many of us have concerns about excessive sugar consumption, and about the possible adverse health effects of aspartame and saccharin. I first started using stevia in my diet several years ago, as part of an anti-candida diet. I have used no other sweetener since, apart from xylitol (too expensive). I now prefer stevia to sugar! As usual with Now Foods, exceptional value for money.

Stevia works for me

Posted by Reviewer1027206 on May 08, 2008

I Recommend this to all diabetics, Its great. This product has helped me lower my blood sugar. Thank You so much! Happy in Batesville, IN.

Perfect stevia

Posted by Reviewer1147647 on Feb 18, 2012

I was a little skeptical when i purchased this, however it is great! It tastes just like the liquid variety, and has no after taste. Also it only requires a small amount to sweeten things.