Great Good Quality Chlorella in the Past...

Posted by chaappy on Sep 20, 2012

I just ordered this product in mid 2012 and I still have some Chlorella left in 2011 batch. In the past this (2011) product is in fine deep green and the taste was still kinda bad but still tolerable. Recently I ordered another batch of Chlorella (Mid 2012) and surprisingly the quality have declined, the deep fine green have become yellow green and the taste with chalky intolerable taste that made me feel nauseous right away after drinking it. I'm not sure if it got stronger or it got loaded with toxins to make me feel this bad after drinking chlorella of the same product for months. I asked the customer service in Now Foods to gain info about where it is made, well it's Grown on the Hainan Island, a tropical island in the South China Sea with pristine waters, unspoiled beaches and clean air." It's been heavily static charged as well, the spoon I left inside zaps my finger. Update: Now Foods have convinced me about this product so I decided to give it a go and the side effects are gone after 3-4 days. Take note that I've experienced severe anxiety flare ups as one of those side effects.

static

Posted by Reviewer1923151 on Jun 13, 2011

Not too happy with the texture. A bit more smelly and static than the powder from Pure Planet.

Not for me

Posted by Reviewer3140408 on Sep 28, 2010

I appear to be one of the 30% of the population that cannot tolerate the Chlorella. Makes me nauseated even disquised in a protein shake. I am sure is is a terrific product...unfortunately my system cannot tolerate it.

Buy for immune system

Posted by Reviewer1104407 on Nov 24, 2010

Atopic dermatitis, which may be of help to children and started buying.

Nasty taste, allergic

Posted by Reviewer3347546 on Sep 11, 2015

I've tried a large number of different sources of Chlorella over the years. As far as I'm aware, I've only been allergic to 2, this one and a brand of Chlorella from central Africa. Not all foods that I'm allergic to taste disgusting, but it seems to be the case here. The taste of chlorella can vary considerably and this is one of the more vile ones. It might just be my body. I won't be buying it again. The price was competitive to be fair.

not that impressed

Posted by Reviewer1812329 on Aug 14, 2008

seems alright but not all the outstanding bennefits that really good chlorella should give

Valid for Chlorella

Posted by Reviewer1235767 on Sep 12, 2011

Not so big fan of chlorella, goes well with different spice´s.

YUCK

Posted by Reviewer2380005 on Apr 18, 2012

tastes TERRIBLE but really detoxifies your system.

Good colour

Posted by Reviewer1511999 on Sep 22, 2013

Nasty taste, but no other brand are better so... Where was this harvested/grown? It wont say if it's China or USA.

Interesting flavor

Posted by 5344220114023930465 on Jan 10, 2014

I wanted to like this more than I do. I can only add about a quarter teaspoon to my green smoothie without a strong earthy taste. I am slowly becoming more tolerant of the the flavor and hope to get to one teaspoon some. I could have used a much smaller size at my rate of consumption.