Now Foods, Organic, Chlorella, 100% Pure Powder, 1 lb (454 g)

Reviews 5-star

good product

Posted by Reviewer3022163 From Utah on Sep 06, 2010

I have never used pure chlorella before, so I do not have anything to compare this product with. Having said that, here are my observations. 1) The powder has a dark, beautiful green (emerald green) color. 2) It mixes with water easily. A blender is not required. When i use water, I mix manually. When i make smoothies, i use a blender in order to make sure that the other ingredients mix well. 3) In plain water, it is almost tasteless and, therefore, palatable. In apple juice or soy-protein smoothies, it can even be called tasty. 4) I have not used it long enough to make a judgement on effectiveness. (Some reviewers claim magical overnight cures experienced by taking supplements. I have never been that lucky.) I feel that it has improved elimination, energy level, sleep, and skin. 5) Sometimes, intriguingly not all the time, I sense a faint fishy aftertaste in my mouth that lingers. Overall, I think this a product worth taking regularly.

Great savings

Posted by Reviewer2777168 From Virginia on Jan 04, 2008

I got this to help chelate mercury out of my system after having my amalgam fillings removed. Much cheaper in the powder form than the capsule and I actually like the taste in my vegetable smoothies. Tastes very similar to spinach.

Great Product, Great Value

Posted by Reviewer3031425 From Tennessee on Dec 09, 2008

I've used other chorella brands and this products is just as good as the more expensive varities. I've never been disappointed with Now products, always high quality. And this 1 lb. tub is a great value.

WATCH IT....THIS POWDER IS POTENT.

Posted by Reviewer3170134 From Virginia on Aug 24, 2008

MORE POTENT THAN JARROW BRAND DONT TAKE TOO MUCH AT ONE TIME; GOOD STUFF!!!

Very helpful for absorbing toxins

Posted by Reviewer1817995 From Florida on Sep 07, 2008

When I detox too fast my blood pressure goes up. I used this chlorella as it helps to lower blood pressure due to toxins. I take it on an empty stomach a couple times of day. It's helps with acidity too.