New To iHerb?

Now Foods, Certified Organic Spirulina, 500 mg, 180 Tablets

Horrible Experience

Posted by 4933530442224034903 on Jan 05, 2014

After taking this supplement I became very nauseous, developed a fever higher than any time I've ever been sick, and puked more than I have when I contracted stomach flu or viruses in the past. I was out for the last two days and it was a horrible experience not worth any minor health benefits. I don't usually write reviews for products but I felt it necessary that I tell people to be careful with this supplement. While laying sick in bed I did a lot of research on my phone, and apparently Spirulina and other blue-green algae absorbs the contaminants in its environment. So if there is animal waste or harmful bacteria in the environment that the Spirulina was cultivated in, it will absorb that and then go into your system when you take it. Manufacturers try to downplay these experiences where other people have gotten sick (and yes there are others) as "detoxification." I suppose you are detoxifying yourself when you puke out the contents of your stomach 10 consecutive times in a row, and are lying in your bed nauseous, with a burning throat from all the stomach acid, pounding headache, and shivering from your fever.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer2975168 on Apr 03, 2010

Now Foods Spirulina gives mental and physical energy and makes it is easier to loose weight. Recommended.

Super Protein

Posted by Reviewer1546192 on Apr 02, 2008

I try to eat as much vegetables as I can, but this is the equivalent of much needed nutrients to maintain a healthy life in otherwise poor diet. It's benefits are unmeasurable and I will be buying more of this as well as Chlorella.

Increased energy+ detox

Posted by Reviewer1292580 on Jan 07, 2012

Immediately after taking this product, I developed hives. Very possible a detox reaction because I didn't eat anything different than my daily diet. I am also surprised that taking this product increased my skin firmness!

the best spirulina i've ever bought

Posted by Reviewer2820499 on Feb 23, 2011

ever since i found what spirulina can do to my life, i've regularly taken it. i've tried several brands and kinds. i prefer this one over those grown in hawaii. hawaiian spirulina has less unpleasant smell, but my body loves this one more.^^;; and, i love the fact that this one has absolutely zero fillers or what so ever. i've reordered 6 bottles! thank you now foods!