Mixed results

Posted by Reviewer1622002 on Feb 23, 2015

This was my first experience taking spirulina, and I wasn't sure what to expect. The suggested dosage is 6/day. I started out taking one the first day, and over about ten days worked up to 2 twice a day. I felt better than I have in a long time, noticeable increase in energy level to the point that I realized quickly I can't take this past afternoon and still sleep well. However, after a couple of days at 4/day, the acne hit. I do have breakouts from time to time, but this was different and initially I couldn't figure out what was going on. I Googled spirulina side effects, and sure enough there were many people who said they had the same reaction. Spirulina, like many other sea products, is very high in iodine, and what your body doesn't need it excretes, through both urine and sweat. Unfortunately, it seems many people are sensitive to it and it causes inflammation in the pores, causing acne. So I quit taking it and within a day the breakout had cleared. I'm disappointed because it made me feel great, so I'm experimenting with taking a lower dosage. The quality of this product is great, but I gave only 4 stars because of the reaction. Oh, and other reviewers commented on the taste. Seaweed isn't going to taste like candy, but I've got a pretty sensitive palate and these aren't bad. A big gulp of water and they're down, no aftertaste or burping like fish oil. I think those people are used to Flintstones or something.

Great

Posted by 5561875528305007117 on Jul 31, 2014

Super!!

Good

Posted by Trinity on May 07, 2014

It's a good one. Will most probably buy again.

Satisfied

Posted by 5424387376178652766 on Mar 17, 2014

Seems like a good quailty product. Will most likely order again.

Organic pirulina

Posted by Reviewer2519559 on Mar 14, 2014

A good product!

GOOD

Posted by GrEaSeLiTeNiN on Mar 02, 2014

Overall good. There is no taste when swallowing a tablet of spirulina afterall. Would prefer a srew cap which is easier to open. I'd also go with the 1000mg ones because it's a lot of 'pill popping' (6) to get just 3g. But note the 1000mg tablets are twice the size lengthwise.

Now Foods, Certified Organic Spirulina - You'll never go wrong with this one

Posted by Thoughtful-Reviews on Feb 08, 2014

If you know about Spirulinas, you'll never go wrong with Now Foods, Certified Organic Spirulina, 500 mg, 180 Tablets. I tried a lot of Spirulinas, and for my on-the-road Spirulinas, this is what I bring. (I usually prefer the powdered ones, and I mix it with my smoothies in the morning). Besides, this kind costs a lot less! >>> To get more /Nuggets and Tips/ on products me and my family have actually bought and used... ... Click the link above [[Posted By Thoughtful-Reviews]]. Thanks for reading! <<<"

Spirulina

Posted by 5127184441730761949 on Jan 23, 2014

I prefer tablets instead of powder, almost no taste and smell

spirulina

Posted by 5701989178071605694 on Dec 15, 2013

gives physical energy, I am much less tired, not helping lose weight

Easy to take and cheap!

Posted by Reviewer3219738 on Oct 31, 2013

Easy to take with water. The taste is not very good if you chew :). And it's organic.