• Extra Product Information:
    The manufacturer of this product (Parry Nutraceutical) This is a PURE ORGANIC manufacturer! Our new organic Spirulina is Certified under the US Pharmacopoeia Ingredient Verification program, has a HACCP - Food Safety Standards Certification by BVQI, is certified Kosher and Halal by BVQI, and has ISO 9001 (quality certification) & ISO 14001 (certified compliance with environmental practices, the only spirulina production facility to have earned this certification) quality certifications by BVQI. IMO has independently certified this spirulina as Organic as per USDA/NOP-Final Regulations, and Naturland has certified the product as vegetarian (to the ‘vegan’ standard).

Parry has 20 years experience in growing algae products and also produces natural beta-carotene and astaxanthin. They evolved from a family-owned, indigenous business.

Source for the above information:NowFoods
  • Customer Ratings

Organic Spirulina Powder

Posted by Reviewer2869993 on Jul 20, 2014

I've tried the non-organic spirulina powder from Now, and didn't have any trouble with it, but this on the other hand... I am not exaggerating when I say that this smells exactly like manure!! I don't know if there was something wrong with my batch or something but it was awful. I tried to use some of it since I didn't want to waste it but in the end I had to throw it out. I later bought the spirulina from Pure Planet and that was the first time I actually noticed a difference in my energy levels after taking a spirulina supplement, so I will from now on gladly pay a bit extra for stuff that "work" and has a higher quality. The quality is key with spirulina. You kinda get what you pay for I guess.

Tastes like a barn

Posted by SillaVanilla on Jan 10, 2014

Too bad they stopped selling Pure Planet's Hawaian Spirulina 114g. If you think that tastes funny, this one tastes completely different. The smell and taste reminds me of a barn, or horses... I used to take Spirulina every morning, but with this taste it's easy to skip sometimes.

Interesting Flavor

Posted by 5344220114023930465 on Jan 10, 2014

I wanted to like this more than I do. I can only add about a quarter teaspoon to my green smoothie without a strong seaweed taste. I am slowly becoming more tolerant of the the flavor and hope to get to one teaspoon sometime. I could have used a much smaller size at my rate of comsumption

Good

Posted by Reviewer1694950 on Aug 28, 2013

Good

Organic Spirulina

Posted by 4971911164456153056 on Aug 27, 2013

This is highly recommend, good test and strong clean powder, but only quarter is box not full

Not sure about this one yet

Posted by adechamplain on Jul 27, 2011

Although I'm sure this is great for you, I find that this powder does not dissolve well in water and clumps together compared with the Now chorella I've been buying. I do have it anyway because of it's health benefits but it's not as pleasant.

First attempt at using powder spirulina

Posted by Reviewer1763318 on Apr 12, 2011

I had been using the Now Spirulina tablets in the 500 count bottle from iHerb. A most economical option! Well, they were out of stock, so I figured I would buy one of those shaker cups and try out the powder. I did not choose wisely. The stuff does not mix. I don't care how hard or how long you shake it, there will still be a significant part unmixed at the bottom. And though I can tolerate the taste if I down the drink fast, having the unmixed stuff like paste at the bottom is just too much for me. I don't have a blender and don't care to go that route anyway. Need to find another way to use this. Suggestions are welcome!

very good

Posted by Reviewer1070226 on Oct 02, 2009

good

it's okay

Posted by Reviewer1794790 on Jul 18, 2008

i bought this to add into my smoothies...has an aftertaste. the nutraflakes spirulina tastes better but is much more expensive. as an alternative the berry green tastes good in smoothies too.