• Extra Product Information:
    The manufacturer of this product (Parry Nutraceutical) This is a PURE ORGANIC manufacturer! Our new organic Spirulina is Certified under the US Pharmacopoeia Ingredient Verification program, has a HACCP - Food Safety Standards Certification by BVQI, is certified Kosher and Halal by BVQI, and has ISO 9001 (quality certification) & ISO 14001 (certified compliance with environmental practices, the only spirulina production facility to have earned this certification) quality certifications by BVQI. IMO has independently certified this spirulina as Organic as per USDA/NOP-Final Regulations, and Naturland has certified the product as vegetarian (to the ‘vegan’ standard).

Parry has 20 years experience in growing algae products and also produces natural beta-carotene and astaxanthin. They evolved from a family-owned, indigenous business.

Source for the above information:NowFoods
  • Customer Ratings

Organic Spirulina Powder

Posted by Reviewer2869993 on Jul 20, 2014

I've tried the non-organic spirulina powder from Now, and didn't have any trouble with it, but this on the other hand... I am not exaggerating when I say that this smells exactly like manure!! I don't know if there was something wrong with my batch or something but it was awful. I tried to use some of it since I didn't want to waste it but in the end I had to throw it out. I later bought the spirulina from Pure Planet and that was the first time I actually noticed a difference in my energy levels after taking a spirulina supplement, so I will from now on gladly pay a bit extra for stuff that "work" and has a higher quality. The quality is key with spirulina. You kinda get what you pay for I guess.

Great product, tastes amazing . Very good price

Posted by 5692193436911071939 on May 21, 2014

Great

For energy

Posted by Reviewer2854041 on Apr 27, 2014

I take this daily, tastes as good as spirulina can taste

Blends easy

Posted by Reviewer2033466 on Apr 13, 2014

Tried this brand because my favourit Brand was sold-out for the momet, still maybe a bit early to say, but I get the same good- feeling from this one. Been mixing Spirulina/Chlorella in my green shake almost every morning the last two years, and will definitely not stop..The taste is for my ok, I don`t mind it because it is a small "price to pay" for the benefits it gives my body.Will by this again.

Mr Francesco - MysticMedia

Posted by 5702477677974101392 on Mar 16, 2014

I am a long time consumer of Spirulina and after long researches I found out that NOW Spirulina Powder is the best (as far as I know) in terms of quality and price & availability.

Good value, great supplement.

Posted by 4894419487629065929 on Feb 09, 2014

A little pricier than the tablet equivalent, but no other faults noticed thus far.

Tastes like a barn

Posted by SillaVanilla on Jan 10, 2014

Too bad they stopped selling Pure Planet's Hawaian Spirulina 114g. If you think that tastes funny, this one tastes completely different. The smell and taste reminds me of a barn, or horses... I used to take Spirulina every morning, but with this taste it's easy to skip sometimes.

Interesting Flavor

Posted by 5344220114023930465 on Jan 10, 2014

I wanted to like this more than I do. I can only add about a quarter teaspoon to my green smoothie without a strong seaweed taste. I am slowly becoming more tolerant of the the flavor and hope to get to one teaspoon sometime. I could have used a much smaller size at my rate of comsumption

Yaeyama much nicer

Posted by vitality on Jan 02, 2014

Yaeyama chlorella is SO much nicer (Jarrow brand is good). Didn't like this at all.

Spirulina Powder

Posted by 4849424248260107478 on Dec 02, 2013

I find quality/price ratio very reasonable. I was just curious why the bottle is so big compare to its contents.