• Extra Product Information:
    The manufacturer of this product (Parry Nutraceutical) is a PURE ORGANIC manufacturer! Our new organic Spirulina is Certified under the US Pharmacopoeia Ingredient Verification program, has a HACCP - Food Safety Standards Certification by BVQI, is certified Kosher and Halal by BVQI, and has ISO 9001 (quality certification) & ISO 14001 (certified compliance with environmental practices, the only spirulina production facility to have earned this certification) quality certifications by BVQI. IMO has independently certified this spirulina as Organic as per USDA/NOP-Final Regulations, and Naturland has certified the product as vegetarian (to the ‘vegan’ standard).

Parry has 20 years experience in growing algae products and also produces natural beta-carotene and astaxanthin. They evolved from a family-owned, indigenous business.

Source for the above information:NowFoods
  • Reviews | English

A big disappointment

Posted by Reviewer2761534 on Jul 11, 2011

I got a jar of this after finishing a jar of Now Foods non-organic spirulina powder. Oh no, oh dear. If you've lived in the country you may know that smell in the spring time when farmers spread cow manure on fields before the growth season. Well, that's what my jar of this product smells like. And as always, aroma is equal to flavor. In this case it's really musty. I'm now trying to come up with combinations of edible things that would cover that taste as well as ever possible when mixed together, pffffttt...

Ahh. The aroma of excrement

Posted by Reviewer1268840 on Apr 01, 2016

Perhaps I got a unique stinky jar, because otherwise it is hard to imagine people rating this stuff highly. It was not so bad that I could not use it, mixed in a smoothie with a bunch of greens and fruit. but every time I dipped my spoon in to get some, it would hit me. I finally decided to throw the rest away and go back to the Hawaiian spirulina I have used before trying this.

OMG!

Posted by Reviewer1929581 on May 23, 2012

Terrible, tastes like pig manure smells! Will never buy it again! Buy only Now Foods Hawaiian Spirulina!

One Star For Taste!

Posted by Reviewer1991512 on Sep 26, 2010

I have been reading about the amazing benefits of spirulina and was keen to add it to my daily regimen. Most of the reviews on iherb have been overwhelmingly positive, so I took the plunge and ordered this product. Upon opening the bottle, I was first struck by the color - very much like powdered frog skin...yum! Then, after the initial whiff, I peeled myself off the floor to take stock of what I'd just purchased. I have horses, and this stuff really does smell like horse poo. But everyone said it was so good! So I added a tablespoon to my very powerful homemade juice. OMG - the horror was too great to describe! I had to hold my nose to finish it, but the aftertaste nearly made me lose the will to live. I shall try the capsules next, as I completely give up on this monstrosity of taste.

organic spirulina

Posted by Reviewer1098421 on Jul 07, 2008

Absolutely hate the product. The natural spirulina is good, but this organic stuff is horrible

Surprise

Posted by Reviewer1705277 on Jul 20, 2008

Spirulina is sweet despite it making your shake look like slime.

Now Foods Spirulina

Posted by Reviewer1091779 on Nov 28, 2007

Excellent supplement

Now spirulina

Posted by Reviewer2786187 on Oct 09, 2007

Now products always good, plus prices among the best.

Great addition

Posted by Reviewer1956885 on Nov 07, 2007

I add this to my morning drink mix. Better than coffee.

Good!!

Posted by Reviewer1773088 on Dec 27, 2009

Thanks for the best product iherb sent to me! Pls don't be changed your mind about client~ I will always buy herbs in "iHerb.com"