Now Foods, Cod Liver Oil, Double Strength, 650 mg, 250 Softgels

Thank God for Cod Liver Oil Pills!!!

Posted by Reviewer1848064 on Feb 27, 2012

I've tried for years to choke down flavored cod liver oil, but it was disgusting. Most cod liver oil pills reccommended by Weston A. Price Foundation are way too expensive for my budget, then I dicovered these. They are on the good/acceptable list for WAPF and they are reasonably priced so I can both afford them and swallow them without gagging. Thank God for cod liver oil pills!!!

Great for Inflammation & SAD

Posted by healthybratt From Iowa on Feb 02, 2008

I can't even begin to tell you how great this stuff is. It's inexpensive and it's good for so many different things. Helps with SAD, depression, aches & pains, damaged joints and ligaments, inflammation from injuries and displaced spinal discs. Helped me heal from disc pain, an injured ligament in my finger, a sprained ankle. I take it all the time. Gives me energy and keeps the winter blahs away.

The only brand of cod liver oil I buy!

Posted by Reviewer2063308 From Texas on Jul 27, 2009

I have tried several other brands of cod liver oil, and this is the only brand that is concentrated enough. Most other brands you have to take 10 capsules or three Tablespoons to get the daily intake recommended by the Weston A. Price Foundation. 4 capsules of this NOW cod liver oil provides the 10,000IU RDA.

Does not work like Omega 3's for depression

Posted by PurplePegasus From California on Jan 14, 2012

In 2002 I cured my chronic clinical depression with fish oils. I thought I'd switch to this since NOW Omega 3's has toxic soy. Unfortunately I sank in a deep depression around the holidays. I had to go to my local store get some real omega 3's. On top of that this has synthetic vitamin A & D added. I will not buy this product again. It does not taste at all and here's a tip for those "fishy" complaints: always take your fish oils AFTER eating and your problem is forever solved.

Good for our family including dogs

Posted by Reviewer1457157 From Thailand on Sep 08, 2010

My children, 12 and 16, take it almost every day. Gives more focus and better concentration. I take two. We give it to our dogs as well. Just mix it in the food once a day. I also grind alfalfa tablets and add this. Just regular dogfood isn't good enough, even when we buy a low salt variety. Two of our dogs are over 15 now. Will keep on ordering this.