An arrow in my quiver

Posted by Reviewer3120807 on Jan 12, 2008

I am a male spinal cord injury (SCI at C7, quad) involved with a chronic battle for keeping a healthy urinary tract. It requires faithful attention to detail for combating infection causing bacteria. I have tried winning the urinary tract infection (UTI) battle by including proper nutrition with minimal sugar intake, getting plenty of exercise including standing and stepping with a special frame, consuming healthy volumes of drinking water, taking daily showers, keeping balanced exposure to sunlight, refraining from stimulants found in caffeinated beverages, have never used tobacco or alcohol products, daily breathing fresh outside air and getting plenty of rest each night. But that alone was not sufficient. The UTI’s were coming so frequently (10-14 days apart) that I became resistant to many antibiotics and have developed an allergy to sulfa drugs. My Urologist informed me the only option remaining was to wait till I became so symptomatic that I had to present to the ER then have them call him so he could instruct them to place me on 10 days of the high-voltage last resort IV antibiotics used when the other antibiotics quit working. I felt like it was kind of like a death sentence. I pled with the Creator of the Universe to lead me to a solution. I am giving our Creator God the credit for leading me to also include three important daily details that must take place for effective warfare against infection causing bacteria. If I leave off any one of these three details I’m then asking for trouble. Those three details include daily consumption of D-Mannose (for me bi-daily), a simple sugar that attaches itself to certain bacteria then gets flushed out with the urine, daily consumption of Now Foods cranberry maximum strength (for me tri-daily) which creates an acidic environment that is unfriendly for harmful bacteria and finally the daily intake of 100 or more ounces of water. I have never been this successful in staying away from what I call the hammer head UTI. It has been 2 months since my last antibiotic therapy and there are not the challenges to battle that come with to many antibiotics i.e. yeast infections and GI issues. I hope to report being UTI free for months to come. I can highly recommend the use of maximum strength cranberry by Now Foods. These are like sharp arrows to be pulled from your quiver for firing at and taking out the UTI enemy. Oh yes, our Creator God invented the cranberry so check in with Him!

Urinary tract health

Posted by Reviewer1204159 on Oct 19, 2007

This continues to be a health balm for my urinary track. As a quadreplegic, keeping this system healthy is critical. I have had zero infections for 12 years.

So far so good!

Posted by Reviewer1945943 on May 13, 2009

I have been taking the cranberry vcaps for about 3 weeks. I take them with the d-mannose powder. So far it has helped to get rid of my bladder/urinary tract pain. I have struggled with pain and UTIs for almost 10 years. Doctors and antibiotics have not helped. I am very hopeful that I have found a solution to my pain.

Really works

Posted by Reviewer3067077 on Jul 20, 2008

The cranberry maximum strength by Now Foods is by far the best,most effective and safest diuretic supplement I've found in the market. I highly recommend it to anymore suffering with edema.

Best Cranberry Supplement

Posted by Reviewer1044627 on Mar 27, 2007

This is one of the best supplements for those who suffer from bladder problems. I also appreciate Now Foods VCaps.

Worth a try

Posted by Reviewer2245121 on May 28, 2008

I was taking the lesser strength cranberry however decided to up instrength since ensuing another bladder infection recently. It's been over a year since my last one with the lesser strength and I know it works since my infections are fewer than previous to taking the cranberry. Think that NOW foods is a good product.

意外的收獲

Posted by Reviewer988224667 on Jan 26, 2010

本來只想保養尿道膀胱排泄系統.吃了3星期果然有好轉.就停了下來忘記吃. 最近因為天氣冷.胃抽痛了6-7天.有些輕微胃潰瘍.又想起這個好像也可以中和胃酸.就照3餐飯後吃.竟然吃一次就好多了.連吃了3天.胃也不再抽痛.真神奇!

The Best Cranberry Support!

Posted by Reviewer1814611 on Aug 29, 2009

A great breakthrough to get standardized cranberry extract and with uva ursa! I no longer have any urinary tract infections.

Does what it says on the bottle

Posted by Reviewer2802925 on Dec 14, 2010

I have kidney diseaase. Has dealt perfectly with my urinry tract proble.

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer3217538 on Dec 13, 2007

I have severe water rention and I prefer to use a natural method over medication and these pills have done the job combined with the cider pills. Love this product, it works better then cranberry juice which I do not like to drink.