Did nothing for brain or skin

Posted by Reviewer1680490 on Mar 08, 2011

Due to an illness, I have a hard time focusing and I have a hard time with memory so I thought I'd try this. I finished more than half the bottle and I saw no difference on the days I took the pills and the days I didn't. Plus, I really didn't notice any difference to my skin. Then I read that you should only take DMAE on the days you need it, not as a daily supplement, and since I saw no really help, I just called it quits for this one. I almost always start a product with the Now Foods brand cause I trust them cause I rarely get side effects from their products but I find that half the time their products do nothing for me but if I switch to another brand the supplement/vitamin really helps. So this may be one of the times, Now Foods isn't working for me.

Excellent

Posted by bobbienorthern on Feb 02, 2016

I have been taking DMAE for year and years about ten years now. Excellent quality and very good price. I quit taking all the supplements that I had been taking for years because I got sick of taking pills all the time. But now I find there are certain supplements that I was taking I need to take to keep me in a good condition for living life to the fullest. DMAE is one of the supplements that I need to take daily for optimal health and for clear thinking. All I take is one pill a day or capsule a day. This is all I need of this supplement. DMAE gives me energy, clear and better thinking and clearer and softer skin. I have added back MSM for joint health and for hair and Choline for my mind and energy and hair, skin, nails, eyes and just plain feeling better and great for the day. I also take NAC and have never quit taking these. I need these to keep any physical hurts and wounds healing quickly. I am 73 and have noticed the older I got the longer it took me to heal from anything but with NAC I am now back to healing quickly. I also take Carlsons Cod Liver Oil. I also take Healthy Origins Astaxanthin for pain in joints. I also take magnesium citrate which works best for my body. I have tried many other kinds of magnesium that are supposed to be better absorbed but like the citrate magnesium best. So, these are all the supplements I now take and really feel good in my body and mind. Who knows that the older I get I might need more. I get all my B vitimans from eggs and a good fresh food diet. I was trying to get everything that I need from fresh food but found out over the past year that I need these supplements that I have just mentioned. There are different seasons in our lives that need different things to keep life fun and adventurous and just plain feeling good about living life to the fullest.

Great, but beware

Posted by Reviewer3298857 on Jun 14, 2012

Google the following: longecity DMAE sparingly. If you like the effects of DMAE and take it occasionally, consider supplementing with Phosphatidylserine along with it, since the synthesis of PS gets temporarily inhibited by DMAE. PS + DMAE = instant headache relief, and for some: enhanced concentration and cognitive ability.

DMAE -- Caps

Posted by Reviewer2237173 on Jul 26, 2011

Great for mind power and cognition, also available as liquid, which is additionally good for skin.

Great

Posted by 5586896955355261579 on Jan 08, 2014

Increases mind motivation and memory recall. I take it every day.