Grandkids healthy

Posted by Reviewer1349437 on Nov 04, 2007

My daughter swears by this item in helping keep her elementary age children healthy through cold and flu season.

Convenient way to keep colds away -

Posted by Reviewer1615634 on Oct 23, 2007

I always took the elderberry extract liquid at the first sign of a cold. Now I have the convenience of a lozenge. Love NOW products - excellent quality. A in upstate NY

Kill Every Cold

Posted by Reviewer1283525 on Nov 27, 2007

I don't think I could survive without this stuff! Kills all sore throats, bacterial AND viral, before they multiply. Good tasting and soothing. One product that seems to suppress the zinc's tendency to make one nauseous. Love the stuff.

Elderberry & Zinc Lozenges

Posted by Reviewer1305370 on Nov 29, 2007

I have been using the NOW Elderberry Lozenges for several years and think they are a great boost for the immune system. I start taking them when I have symptoms of a cold.

Chalky, inferior stuff

Posted by pickier-than-thou on Feb 24, 2010

It tastes like expired medicine and slightly irritates the mouth. The fact that it contains sorbitol isn't a plus either. Won't buy again for sure, this or the other products I've tried from Now Foods. Actually I'm quite reluctant to buy anything else from them, but some customers said it's a hit or miss brand so I'll take my chance on their food (nuts) already on my wish list.

Hurts sore throat..

Posted by Reviewer3040624 on Jun 11, 2008

It may just be me but I tried this product to help my inflamed sore throat and it made it hurt all the more. It seemed too acidic for me at the time.

Will Try Something Else

Posted by Reviewer3252758 on Apr 22, 2009

These did not agree with me. I read that zinc is not well absorbed with sorbitol. I will try another formulation next time.

Can't use

Posted by Reviewer1290868 on Jan 20, 2012

We have used other elderberry and zinc lozenges but since we love NOW foods we decided to try these. Several reviews said they tasted good, but even knowing the benefit I can't keep one in my mouth long enough for it to dissolve. The texture is gritty and chalky and the taste is very medicinal. No way our children will take these. We are going back to our old brand. First NOW foods product we haven't loved.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer2777168 on Jan 07, 2009

These really do fend off a bad cold if you use them right at the beginning when you get the very first symptom such as a scratchy throat. It's also important to take one every two hours, but not more than 5 a day. Resist the temptation to chew them and just let them dissolve slowly in your mouth. They work for me every time.

A cold can be stopped in its track.

Posted by Reviewer1259171 on Jan 03, 2008

I take this at the first hint of cold, several times a day. I havent' had a full blown cold in a long, long time. This one tastes good also.