Nothing will ever be as good as sugar tastes

Posted by OhMiah on Jan 16, 2013

As other are writing here this is certainly a great replacement for sugar. Can't ask of anything better as it's quite similar and with no calories. The "no calories" part is really a boost here. If the calorie content was similar to regular sugar I would go for sugar. This is not as sweet as regular sugar, don't believe what others say. It has the crunchy feeling of sugar, but has a cooling effect that can taste a bit strange. It doesn't work very well when sprinkled over foods, such as oatmeal or regular porridge. It does however work pretty well in baked goods, coffee and so on - in anything where it's properly mixed with other ingredients. If you're not going crazy and removing sugar from your diet I would suggest replacing about half the sugar with this. It works. But remember, as it's not as sweet as regular sugar, you might want to increase the amount. I'm wobbling between four stars and five stars... consider this a strong four stars.

Erythritol is a strange beast.

Posted by pugface on Jan 15, 2014

It is a GREAT sugar substitute with a low glycemic impact, which is great for people watching their blood sugar levels, their weight, or simply looking for a sugar substitute for whatever reason. It's about 70% as sweet as sugar, so using it as a 1:1 replacement will lessen the sweetness of a recipe (which I like), however, too much of it gives a weird feeling in the mouth. It's a little bit cooling (almost numbing?)-- but that's only if you use A LOT of it (ie; in a sweet pie or cake). In small amounts, that effect is negligible.

I like it!

Posted by 4973174122047921847 on Mar 06, 2014

Tastes like sugar...dissolves easily and with almost no after taste. I use this in my cereal, my drinks and in baking.

Thank goodness for a sweetener that provides the bulk that sugar does in baked goods.

Posted by 5713049330403643153 on Apr 18, 2014

I am very happy with this product since it gives me the "bulk" I need in baking, that sugar gives. Now I just need to get the right combination with Xylitol and Stevia to give me the ultimate sweetness I desire in my baked goods. Beware that this isn't as sweet as sugar. It is only about 70% as sweet as sugar, so you can't use it cup for cup.

Big bag of "sukrin"

Posted by lipslife on May 14, 2014

Good sugar substitute. It doesn't affect bloodsugar, and it is excreeted through the kidneys/urine, so it doesn't have the same laxative effect as other sugar alcohols can have. It has kind of a "cold" taste, so I usually use it in combination with stevia and/or honey or sucanat. I actually use it a lot to reduse the amount of sugar I eat. Don't want to let go of my sweet tooth;) It is a very good sweetener for homemade ice cream, since it has already got a cold taste! :) Love the big bag, and it's a lot cheaper than in Norway!

This is amazing - it needs to be sold WORLDWIDE!

Posted by 5453892699517717252 on Dec 22, 2014

Love this stuff. Works perfectly, though sometimes can cause baked goods to turn "hard" quite quickly. Otherwise, amazing and love it.

Good price and Quality

Posted by 4835358531067759943 on Mar 15, 2016

I have used this sweetener a few times now and though the "cooling" effect was stronger than the stevia/erythritol mix I was used to I think I will get used to it with use. The price is great for the volume. Bakes well.

Cool

Posted by Tannerw on Sep 07, 2013

This erythritol has a cooling effect, and I've heard there are others that don't have as much of a cooling effect, but I still love the product! PS, don't eat too much because you will have some, mm hmm, intestinal difficulties.

Good value, less digestive distress than xylitol

Posted by Umbridge on Nov 08, 2013

For me, erythritol causes less digestive distress than xylitol. It can be used just like sugar, and there's no detectable aftertaste that you get with less "natural" non-caloric sweeteners. Now Foods brand is good value for money as well.

Good quality sweetner

Posted by 4896506753216585079 on Dec 16, 2013

Fine grains of pure erythritol. Dissolves well in hot beverages, stays kind of gritty in cold foods. But overall a great product. Clean fresh taste. Great re sealable packaging.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »