Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Now Foods, Essential Oils, Peppermint, 4 fl oz (118 ml)

This is perfect for keeping mice away

Posted by Reviewer1822661 on May 19, 2008

We purchased this because we were hanging on to our last rope with respect to a mouse infestation in our house. We put two dabs of the peppermint oil on cotton balls around in various areas that they were known to hang out in the house and the mice did not return. We have been renewing the oil every two weeks and are still mouse free! I would never have believed it!!!! This is great stuff, but very strong. My eyes water every time we renew the oil, but it is worth it.

Has many great uses!

Posted by Reviewer2710938 on Jan 29, 2008

Peppermint oil has many great uses. Its great diluted as a flavoring agent for deserts and teas, but also has many health benefits. It works well as oil for use in medical vaporizers and humidifiers. Just a few drops are all that’s needed. We’ve used this in our humidifier (added to its special medicine cup) when our daughters have been sick. It helps to relieve congestion and acts as a cough suppressant. As a vapor, its effects are mild and very safe. It’s far safer than giving cold medicine to your children and very effective. I highly recommend using peppermint oil in combination with eucalyptus oil in your humidifier. Eucalyptus oil makes the peppermint oil more effective at treating colds. If you’ve ever looked at the ingredients on many cough drops you’ll see they nearly all contain menthol (peppermint oil contains 50-78% menthol) and eucalyptus oil. These two really go well together. It also works as a nausea suppressant great for treating motion sickness. About 5 drops diluted in a little carrier oil (vegetable oil) is all that’s needed. Note, as with other essential oils, it shouldn’t be ingested undiluted. These are just some of the uses of this oil. There are so many other uses (relieving headaches, diarrhea, spastic colon, stomach pain, etc.). I highly recommend looking into this product.

Ant control

Posted by Reviewer1935950 on Mar 02, 2007

I use this to control ants in my house. I have cats, so I avoid using chemical pesticides. With this, I put down small lines of the oil and the ants won't cross it. It smells nice, and even some of the cats love it since peppermint is a related to catnip.

Peppermint Oil is great!

Posted by Reviewer2200362 on Aug 16, 2007

If you have seen a Head-on Commercial then you know how to use this product. It relieves my most intense headache in just 15 minutes. For my headaches on top of the head or to the rear I simply rub a little on the back of my neck. No side effects and it smells great!!!

WOW! PEPPERMINT OIL

Posted by Reviewer1577324 on Oct 19, 2007

THIS OIL IS KEEPING MICE OUT OF MY GARAGE, THEY HATE THIS SMELL. THANKS FOR GETTING IT SENT OUT RIGHT AWAY. IT IS JUST WHAT I WANTED.