Closet Keeper

Posted by Reviewer1763035 on Jun 10, 2009

mixed a few drop with a little olive oil in a bottle, add some bamboo reeds and other essential oil You have a wonderful scent that you can add to any room. Or just a few drops on a cotton ball drop to the bottom of your closet close the door and you have a pleasant scent and keep the bugs away at the same time.

Cockroach cure

Posted by Reviewer1475285 on Jul 25, 2010

I brought Cedarwood for a roach problem and it really helped.

Not ideal for Aromatherapy

Posted by Reviewer1109457 on Apr 03, 2010

The smell of this oil is not unpleasant, but it is not a very rich or typical smell of true cedar either. I suppose this is because it is Virginia cedar rather than true cedar which one normally associates with the smell of fresh cut cedar shavings or wood. On the plus side, it is inexpensive, but if you truly want to use it for aromatherapy purposes and desire the smell of a true cedar wood scent then I would try another brand or species of cedar wood oil.

Smooth Cedarwood

Posted by Reviewer2964378 on Nov 14, 2009

I love this oil. I heard about if from a friend and i bought it to mix in my hair oil to prevent itchy scalp and i must say it has worked. This oil helps with oily or dry skin to balance out skin problems. Very Herbasceous. Very fast delivery is always a plus. I love it.

Relieves Itchy Skin from Dyshidrotic Eczema/Pompholyx

Posted by rabbit on Aug 29, 2012

I've had Dyshidrotic Eczema, or Pompholyx, on my left heel for about three years now. For a few days, skin will itch, blister, and weep and then alternate with a period of extremely dry, cracked, fissured skin. This process repeats itself indefinitely. I'm not sure exactly what caused it, but looking back, I believe that it was triggered when I rubbed my heel against a concrete sidewalk. It is believed that Pompholyx is caused by a metal allergy and concrete contains a wide variety of metals. Stress is also said to be a contributing factor and is something which I have experienced to the extreme over the past four years. I've been experimenting with different supplements as a systemic approach to treating the problem - selenium is one that I am trying out at the moment. I haven't yet found a cure for the eczema itself, but the cedarwood oil relieves the severely itchy skin that results from this difficult and persistent skin condition. I put a sock on after applying this to my foot to avoid getting the oil on the floor and other household items. I also use Shikai Borage Therapy Foot Cream and Boericke & Tafel Florasone Eczema Topical Cream to assist with this condition. Cedarwood oil not only relieves itching, but it can help calm and soothe anxiety and nervous tension, it's effect on mucus membranes can assist with respiratory problems like asthma and bronchitis, it can help clear up urinary infections, it can be used to soothe arthritis and rheumatism, it can help clear up skin conditions like acne, oily skin, dermatitis, psoriasis, and dandruff, it can be used as a general tonic, and it can be used as an insect repellant. The smell kind of reminds me of hamster cage bedding.

Don't care for this one.

Posted by Reviewer3194717 on Apr 22, 2010

There seems to be an underlying odor to this scent that reminds me of mold. Can't see using it under any circumstance.

good

Posted by Reviewer1185040 on Nov 15, 2009

keeps the bugs off my dog.

Smells like a hope chest!

Posted by Reviewer2105068 on May 14, 2011

I've used this for a few things and love it. Am hoping it will be a good natural source of keeping the bugs/mosquitos at bay as it warms up however, if it doesn't this still has many other good uses.

Cedarwood

Posted by Didokitty on Apr 27, 2014

Lovely, woody scent.

smells like earthy burnt wood

Posted by 5716891645273117360 on Jan 21, 2016

I love the smell, like a fresh crisp morning in the woods. Mix it with atlas cedar wood which is lush green forest cedar and the result is (deep breath in and full relaxing breath out)