Now Foods, Essential Oils, Peppermint, 16 fl oz (473 ml)

Great Multi-Purpose Ingredient, Kills Yellowjackets!

Posted by Reviewer2749679 on Jul 22, 2008

Not only is this a great ingredient for homemade health and beauty products but it is a great natural pesticide to use against yellowjackets and other wasps that won't harm the environment. A friend who said they bought a product from Orchard Supply tipped me off to making my own version as the active ingredient was peppermint oil. Just mix a little with a cheap carrier oil and use a squirt gun or other sprayer to spray the insect. It acts as a neurotoxin to them for some reason. Mixing it with dish soap and water really works great as soap kills them too. Using a supersoaker and this mix I've destroyed 2 yellowjacket nests and 1 hornet nest without getting stung. I will always keep it around from now on.

Best ant control I've used

Posted by Reviewer1935950 on Dec 14, 2007

I use this for controlling ants since I have cats and don't want to use anything potentially toxic. Thsi oil works great - the ants will not cross it. I also use it outside to keep the ants, slugs and snails off the food I put out for some neighborhood strays. I even have one cat that loves to roll in it, then it diffuses through the house with him... a veritable catcane!

Great value

Posted by Reviewer2420674 on Mar 26, 2009

Used this as a major ingredient in tooth cleaning oil. Very refreshing and cleaning.

Peppermint Oil

Posted by Reviewer1446929 on Aug 18, 2008

This is a wonderful product and I use it quite a bit. It seems to be pure peppermind oil and is definitely 16 fl oz. I was also impressed by the expedient shipping and the care given to packaging. I use this oil in a water mixture to repel pests, mix a little bit into bath water for a refreshing bath, waft it under my nose when I'm having particularly bad sinus problems, ingest it for upset stomach (diluted in water) and use it to help with headaches, migraines, and mental fatigue. Thanks, iHerb, for this delightfully pure peppermint essential oil.

Peppermint Oil

Posted by Reviewer2489126 on Sep 13, 2008

I use this product in vinegar to clean my floors, in baking soda to clean my kitchen and bathrooms and on cotton pads to store my clothes in boxes. It makes everything smell very fresh and the ants do not like it!