Great Multi-Purpose Ingredient, Kills Yellowjackets!

Posted by Reviewer2749679 on Jul 22, 2008

Not only is this a great ingredient for homemade health and beauty products but it is a great natural pesticide to use against yellowjackets and other wasps that won't harm the environment. A friend who said they bought a product from Orchard Supply tipped me off to making my own version as the active ingredient was peppermint oil. Just mix a little with a cheap carrier oil and use a squirt gun or other sprayer to spray the insect. It acts as a neurotoxin to them for some reason. Mixing it with dish soap and water really works great as soap kills them too. Using a supersoaker and this mix I've destroyed 2 yellowjacket nests and 1 hornet nest without getting stung. I will always keep it around from now on.

Best ant control I've used

Posted by Reviewer1935950 on Dec 14, 2007

I use this for controlling ants since I have cats and don't want to use anything potentially toxic. Thsi oil works great - the ants will not cross it. I also use it outside to keep the ants, slugs and snails off the food I put out for some neighborhood strays. I even have one cat that loves to roll in it, then it diffuses through the house with him... a veritable catcane!

Great value

Posted by Reviewer2420674 on Mar 26, 2009

Used this as a major ingredient in tooth cleaning oil. Very refreshing and cleaning.

Peppermint Oil

Posted by Reviewer1446929 on Aug 18, 2008

This is a wonderful product and I use it quite a bit. It seems to be pure peppermind oil and is definitely 16 fl oz. I was also impressed by the expedient shipping and the care given to packaging. I use this oil in a water mixture to repel pests, mix a little bit into bath water for a refreshing bath, waft it under my nose when I'm having particularly bad sinus problems, ingest it for upset stomach (diluted in water) and use it to help with headaches, migraines, and mental fatigue. Thanks, iHerb, for this delightfully pure peppermint essential oil.

Peppermint Oil

Posted by Reviewer2489126 on Sep 13, 2008

I use this product in vinegar to clean my floors, in baking soda to clean my kitchen and bathrooms and on cotton pads to store my clothes in boxes. It makes everything smell very fresh and the ants do not like it!

keeping away mice

Posted by Reviewer1191269 on Jul 11, 2009

I READ SOMEWHERE THAT PEPPERMINT OIL KEEPS AWAY MICE. SO FAR; SO GOOD. IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING QUITE WELL IN MY UPSTATE N.Y SUMMER HOUSE.

Kind of embarrassing...

Posted by Reviewer2589097 on Mar 12, 2011

Kind of embarrassing, but I use this wonderful oil as a mouse repellent. I feel bad when I use snap traps or poison bait. The bait also harms other life in the food chain. This not only keeps the mice away, but the place smells great when I come in. Now Foods ships the same day I order. You can expect fast service.

Peppermint Oil Use

Posted by Reviewer3112900 on Mar 16, 2011

If you didn't know a small amount of peppermint oil around the house can help to keep mice away. Myself and the rest of my family love this product. Just don't use to much. It can be mixed with water in a spray bottle and use that way. Thanks for your free shipment when I order a certain amount.

Quality control required for Now Foods Peppermint oil

Posted by Reviewer2551341 on Jan 24, 2013

As an ardent user of Now Foods Peppermint oil , i was disappointed in the previous batch that i received - that batch of three bottles smells like burnt wood ! ( lack of quality control ) i hope it doesnt happen again or we would have to look for an alternative supplier- no point sending it back as the shipping costs would have been impractical from out side !

Love it!

Posted by francesjoan on Dec 30, 2007

I make homemade totally eatable mouthwash with a little peppermint oil,xylitol sugar and sea salt. Swish for a few seconds and swallow. Wonderful for banishing garlic breath!

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »