Now Foods, Essential Oils, Peppermint, 2 fl oz (59 ml)

Powerful Mint

Posted by autumn on Aug 20, 2010

It's also Food Grade, so one might use it to spice-up baked goods, desserts, beverages & etc.

To discourage ants

Posted by Reviewer1259171 on Jul 06, 2010

We live in the woods and get a lot of ants, even in the house when the weather is dry. I spray this, greatly diluted, on our walkway. The ants hate it.

House smells fresh and clean, keeps the mice and bugs away

Posted by WildSweetVermont on Jun 30, 2012

I live in a very old house with lots of holes that deer mice like to slip through. I read that using peppermint essential oil on strategically placed cotton balls helps to deter mice from entering a home. If you can figure out where they come in, of course plug the holes as well as you can! The mice like to travel against walls, and while I like the freshness of the mint, they do not. If you do use cotton balls, they need to be refreshed regularly. I also use this oil in our car, as I learned that mice can get in the car, under the hood, etc. and cause a lot of damage when they gnaw. Guests comment that our house smells clean. I like to use it diluted in a mister bottle as well. When I did so I seemed to kill off a disturbingly large number of Asian lady beetles that made their way into the house. I hear that ants and other insects hate peppermint as well. It can be an eye irritant and sinus cleaner if you use too much around the house. I'm so very grateful for this fresh and natural way to combat rodents and other pests.

Very good product!

Posted by Reviewer2500588 on Jun 04, 2011

Very effective, strong flavour and smell. I use it in my chocolate and tea!

peppermint oil

Posted by Reviewer1937494 on Jan 02, 2010

Since using this product in our camper there has been no evidence of mice!!! iherb quickly sent the product to our house. I was completely satisfied.