Now Foods, Fo-Ti, Ho Shou Wu, 560 mg, 100 Capsules

4 out of 5 based on 153 reviews

Fo-Ti

Posted by Reviewer1253369 From Oklahoma on Feb 01, 2008

I've used this product before and had stopped using it for a time. For me, it helps reduce frontal hairloss, and thickens wispy, unhealthy-looking hair. Two negatives: First, I believe it might also increase the growth of all body hair. I don't consider that a plus. Secondly, I believe that in my case it has some effect on mood. I believe I am more easily agitated while taking it, and a bit less likely to restrain comments. I've been aware of this effect, and as a result, take only one capsule per day. Still, if others are affected in this manner, it may be of some serious concern. I've been unable to find any studies that address this issue, so perhaps I am unique, but I doubt it.

Hair darkening again

Posted by 4972758687629308565 on Dec 28, 2012

I'm only 25 but gray hair started growing about 3 years ago. They're all packed near a tuft toward the front so they're obvious at that. I've grown frustrated over the past years not being able to do anything about it. I'm sure this contributed to the continued growth as well. After much research, I bought some Fo-Ti and emu oil (Kalaya Calandri) and started using both together. After 4 weeks of use (6 pills a day, 5 days of emu oil a week), I noticed that the existing gray hair had darkened, and some had their roots turning dark brown again (I couldn't believe my eyes at first). The non-grays got stronger, shinier, looked more "alive". Now (7 weeks I think), I have only about a dozen remaining but I'm sure they're about to go too. I couldn't be happier. The relief and feel of control over this degeneration was well worth every single Euro cent. Though I can't tell apart the efficiency of each of the two products. iHerb's service has been spectacular. Fair prices, cheap shipping fees, same day shipping, delivered to France in 20 days the first time, about 10 days the second time. Both times tightly packed.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer2798027 From Florida on Dec 21, 2007

My hair has started regrowing and my fingernails are much stonger. Good price, also

I would absolutely not recommend this product or company. See my page for REALLY good product reviews.

Posted by owenfox From Ireland on Jan 14, 2014

I bought this when I was a novice, thinking I was getting a good deal. Upon endless further research, I realized they have poor and even harmful fillers such as magnesium stearate in it. Now foods in my opinion are not a especially good company. I've learned you get what you pay for, and now I buy only very good to the best quality herbs I can find. They wokr MUCH better, you know you are getting high quality sourced ingredients from people who most likely care a lot more about sustainability and the planet, as well as people's health. If you are low on money, then simply use 1/2 the dosage, but because you are getting such potent herbs, without money saving fillers at the customers expense, you end up benefiting even more for only a fraction extra from your wallet. Just my opinion.... Sorry to sound bad on the company, nothing personal, I just would prefer if more companies used the highest ethical and quality standards, companies like my favorite Healthforce Nutritionals! The Synergy Company! Dragonherbs & more! If you found this helpful, please give me a thumbs up, and check out my page for more awesome information and product reviews, as well as some of my favorite products!Peace & love! Owen :)

Fo-Ti, Ho Shou Wu

Posted by Reviewer3259358 From Ohio on Apr 18, 2008

I've been taking these supplements for about 2 months. I haven't actually noticed a reduction in gray hairs coming in, but I'm willing to give it more time. An unexpected benefit, without going into detail, it provides a very effective amount of daily fiber!