GABA gave me back my fun loving daughter

Posted by Reviewer2560771 on Jan 27, 2009

Severe anxiety in freshman year at college was seriously hurting my daughter. She started taking GABA when my sister told me it worked for her anxiety filled children & her husband. My daughter is more like her old self and it only took a few days for the GABA to help her. We tried depression meds from her Dr. that made her so uncomfortable she had a panic attack. The fact that GABA is all natural, no worries of overdose or withdrawal make this a perfect answer to anxiety problems.

Great for sleep

Posted by Reviewer2818837 on Mar 10, 2009

I have chronic fatigue and therefore great difficulty getting to sleep and staying asleep. I am taking 750 mg GABA with 750 mg St Johns Wort, and in combination they work together to help me sleep and then stay asleep. I can usually count on getting 5-6 good hours of solid sleep when taking these, and then fairly good sleep for the remaining 2-3 hours. There are no side effects that I have seen, such as the sleep hangover you might feel from the prescription stuff. This brand works for me.

Works for PMS

Posted by Reviewer1108612 on Mar 19, 2008

I take this with Doctor's Best - 5-HTP, one each at night a few hours before I go to bed. I get really bad PMS and this past month, it wasn't so bad. I sleep better and I wasn't as anxious, mean, or weepy. I think next month the week before my period I will double up on both pills and then go back to the normal dosage after my period. Like I said it works because I wasn't as bad as I normally am. I'd like to not experiance any PMS symptoms so that's why I'll double up on week 3. We'll see if it works! Also, I sleep a lot better. One thing I should add is that I've been laying off the caffiene. Maybe it's just that or maybe it's the pills. Whatever it is, I'll continue to avoid the caffiene and I'll continue to take GABA with 5-HTP.

An in-depth review on my experience with taking GABA

Posted by Reviewer1010174 on Jun 25, 2010

I decided to try this product after reading reviews about the benefits of GABA for people with moderate to severe anxiety. I have been searching for a natural product that may help control the symptoms of anxiety (tremors, shakiness...) rather than taking prescribed benzodiazepines. I took GABA first thing in the morning before breakfast. Within the first 10 minutes of taking this product, I experienced a strange sensation, perhaps the niacin flush that is described by others. I experienced rapid heartbeat, nausea, and a sudden increase in my body temperature. GABA seemed to help me relax a bit, and it did help to lessen a little of the shakiness/tremor associated with highly anxious people. I am not sure if I would recommend GABA supplements to people as I have some concerns regarding the safety of taking this supplement. I have a kidney issue and noticed that every time I took this supplement, one of my kidneys seemed to react to it. I asked my doctor about the safety of taking this supplement and was told that "if it is not harming you then it is ok to take it, especially if it seems to be helping, but it is not something I would recommend." GABA seems to work for many people, your experience might be different than mine, however as for me I am not taking this supplement anymore due to health reasons and concerns.

Bedtime Miracle!

Posted by Reviewer1154715 on May 02, 2009

When my brain just races and I am tired & need to sleep, I take one of these and it works. I can settle down and shut the brain off long enough to get to sleep and stay asleep. Really good product.

Posted by Reviewer1379331 on Jan 26, 2010

Gaba has given me the ability to go anywhere with the greatest of confidence. My sleep is 100% sounder and undisturbed and when I rise I feel like getting out and doing something. I have found my learning ability has increased immensely and it has prompted me to return to school.

calming. works.

Posted by Reviewer3231842 on Nov 25, 2008

I take this when I get home from work to unwind. I take it on an empty stomach. It is one of the very few supplements that I know work because it's effects are definitely feelable after about 30 minutes. It calms and relaxes me without feeling foggy or tired. It's great. They say it reduces (social) anxiety and cravings for alcohol, so that's nice too.

GABA 750 mg V caps

Posted by Reviewer3149836 on Apr 04, 2008

I give 2 of these in AM and 2 PM to my dog for seizures. Have not seen any seizures since using it.

GABA and 5-HTP - good choices

Posted by Reviewer2252099 on Jul 22, 2009

I have been taking the GABA 750 mg every night before bed along with 5-HTP 100 mg. I find I sleep better and feel calmer the next morning.

Re: Fibromyalgia ( 2)

Posted by Reviewer2178440 on Sep 18, 2010

In combination with serrapeptides, GABA helps with stamina and seems to help the fibro-fog to some extent. This also must be taken on an empty stomach for best results. This brand has been, in my experience, reliable and consistent, and iHerb has the best prices (I really searched!). This is a great site, and I thank them for their great service.