10% Off Orders Over $40!

Now Foods, GABA, Natural Calming Effect, 200 Capsules

Reviews 5-star

This has worked well for anxiety and insomnia

Posted by Elliecats on Jul 29, 2009

I had insomnia for 15 years due to fibromyalgia and also have a severe anxiety disorder from PTSD. I discovered GABA when I was researching how Valium (which I was taking) worked. I have taken GABA now for nearly 2 years now and it WORKS. It has fixed my insomnia problem and has calmed me down considerably. I only take it at night because it does make me very sleepy (for me, that's the point.) It does not appear to have any side effects, except for an occasional brief tingling when I take it on an empty stomach. It does not give me a "hangover" the next day. My only problems have been when I tried to stop taking it cold turkey - my anxiety came back. The other problem has been when I've taken it and then tried to stay awake. Obviously, mixing with alcohol, drugs, benadryl or any other depressant are not good and are not necessary. I would highly recommend this product. It took about 2-3 weeks to get the full effect, but it did help from the start.

Replaced Ambien

Posted by Reviewer2618201 on Sep 09, 2010

My husband was on sleeping meds for years. Despite his doctor telling him they were not addictive, he simply could not sleep without it. We finally decided that there had to be a better solution. After doing some investigating, we decided to give gaba a try. Well, they did the trick... immediately! There was no weaning off period, he just took gaba one night and slept like a baby. He takes 3 capsules about an hour before bed. I would highly recommend this to anyone suffering from sleep problems or for those who want to get off those awful pharmaceuticals.

GABA is a godsend

Posted by Reviewer1696594 on Jun 05, 2010

Several years ago I was diagnosed with severe panic disorder and the psych I was seeing wanted to put me on benzodiazepines, but being a recovering addict I didn't want to take them. I learned of GABA while taking a course dealing with neurotransmitters. I have found it works beautifully on my anxiety. It has been a genuine godsend for me, controls my anxiety without really sedating me. I was originally getting it from an herbalist who was charging me through the nose for it, then I found iHerb.com. Excellent value, excellent service, got my package when I was supposed to... no muss, no fuss. I have since started getting my other herbal suppliments from iHerb.

GABA FOR DADA

Posted by Reviewer2547274 on Dec 28, 2011

My husband is taking Gaba and the whole family is benefiting! Disagreements do not escalate, issues can be dropped, questions can be heard and answered. He notices a difference and he starts each day reaching for his supplements!

Anxiety

Posted by Reviewer1708396 on Dec 08, 2011

I was feeling like my life was out of control, like life was spinning too fast and I couldn't keep up any little thing would stress me especially rush hour traffic. A few days after I started using GABA I found things weren't affecting me the same, I was just letting things just roll along and not fretting over every little thing.