GABA is a godsend

Posted by Reviewer1696594 on Jun 05, 2010

Several years ago I was diagnosed with severe panic disorder and the psych I was seeing wanted to put me on benzodiazepines, but being a recovering addict I didn't want to take them. I learned of GABA while taking a course dealing with neurotransmitters. I have found it works beautifully on my anxiety. It has been a genuine godsend for me, controls my anxiety without really sedating me. I was originally getting it from an herbalist who was charging me through the nose for it, then I found iHerb.com. Excellent value, excellent service, got my package when I was supposed to... no muss, no fuss. I have since started getting my other herbal suppliments from iHerb.

Great sleep aid

Posted by Reviewer1702891 on May 07, 2010

I use GABA when my mind is overcrowded with thoughts . It does not sedate me, but helps me to relax.

Good

Posted by Reviewer2689448 on Apr 05, 2010

Great gaba

Works

Posted by Reviewer1864451 on Mar 17, 2010

Works as advertised. I take it just before bed and it helps to slow down the gears in my head, without making me feel drugged and groggy.

Fibromanaic's WOW

Posted by Reviewer2178440 on Feb 15, 2010

I heard about this from another fibromaniac about the same time I started serrapeptase and in conjunction they have really helped lessen the "rigour-mortis-without-the-benefit-of-death" that so aptly describes fibromyalgia. I can't believe it, but the two have actually made me feel better. Not good or great, but anything is better than my former "normal". Check with your rheumy or GP, and I hope it works for you, too.

anxiety gone

Posted by Reviewer1564169 on Jan 27, 2010

This seems to control anxiety without feeling drugged. Haven't taken it long term yet, still trying it out.

Gaba

Posted by Reviewer3112178 on Jan 05, 2010

Excellent for anxiety and nervousness.

wouldn't sleep without it

Posted by Reviewer2517957 on Nov 04, 2009

I've been diagnosed by a sleep specialist with some interesting sleep disorders, including mini-seizures and sleepwalking. The specialist tried me on meds like Ambien, to which I reacted badly. But I read the medical lit that came with the prescriptions and they all discussed the neurotransmitter GABA. So I tried GABA. Seizures and sleepwalking are very rare occurences now. I wake up refreshed with no sleeping-pill hangover effect. I have since recommended GABA to friends with high-stress lives, bad sleeping habits etc and they all swear by it too. Now brands are the best value and iHerb is the best company to shop with!

This has worked well for anxiety and insomnia

Posted by Elliecats on Jul 29, 2009

I had insomnia for 15 years due to fibromyalgia and also have a severe anxiety disorder from PTSD. I discovered GABA when I was researching how Valium (which I was taking) worked. I have taken GABA now for nearly 2 years now and it WORKS. It has fixed my insomnia problem and has calmed me down considerably. I only take it at night because it does make me very sleepy (for me, that's the point.) It does not appear to have any side effects, except for an occasional brief tingling when I take it on an empty stomach. It does not give me a "hangover" the next day. My only problems have been when I tried to stop taking it cold turkey - my anxiety came back. The other problem has been when I've taken it and then tried to stay awake. Obviously, mixing with alcohol, drugs, benadryl or any other depressant are not good and are not necessary. I would highly recommend this product. It took about 2-3 weeks to get the full effect, but it did help from the start.

Helps me go to sleep

Posted by Reviewer2871598 on Jul 02, 2009

Works really well at helping me go to sleep.