• Customer Ratings

Posted by 4801874724757487999 on Jun 04, 2015

very nice to eat

Tastes horrible

Posted by Reviewer1518493 on Jan 18, 2012

I'm not sure how these managed to taste so different from every other crystallized ginger out there, but it does. This stuff doesn't even taste like ginger. It tastes like charred cardboard with sugar. Not recommended.

High sugar, taste isnt great as expected

Posted by Reviewer1194268 on May 30, 2011

This gave me sugar crash after intake (of course, its sugar laden). I ve taken other types of local brand sweetened ginger, and this (made in thailand batch) , in terms of taste, isnt better, and the sugar amt is staggering, I cant believe they stuff this with that much sugar, its so laden with sugars that you see a lof of sugar crystals "raining" the packet contents. Not buying this anymore.. I gave it to my office colleagues (after warning them of the sugar).. cause the sugar crash feeling is signalling me that its not a good thing, and not a "healthy" food Im afraid.

Made with white sugar

Posted by Reviewer1592994 on Feb 08, 2011

not with brown sugar :(

Far too much sugar

Posted by Reviewer1586512 on May 05, 2010

The ginger is good but is covered with huge amounts of crystallized sugar. Not what I was expecting, especially since sugar is an absolute no-go for me.

Ok, but not spicy at all!

Posted by HealthMinded71 on Jan 06, 2010

I am very disappointed in these as they are not spicy at all. My fiance' makes his own and his is MUCH better because I love the BITE that ginger gives. This has a ginger flavor, but none of the bite. If you've ever had any of the Ginger People products and like those, you will be disappointed in these. I wish someone else had written a review of how these are not spicy because I wouldn't have bought them. I've had ginger cookies with more bite than these. Not sure what to do with them. Maybe chop them up and use them in baking somehow. So disappointed because so many were saying they thought these were spicy. All I can figure is, they might think that mild salsa is spicy too. I don't eat foods so spicy that you can't taste things, but ginger is different. Ginger is a nice kick of hot that doesn't last and tastes great! If that is what you are looking for, this is not for you. Sorry. Will not purchase again. :(