NOT GOOD FOR ME

Posted by Reviewer2732709 on Jan 14, 2012

I started using glucomannan around 2 weeks ago, believing that as it was a natual fibre it was safe. I even wrote a positive review. This last week I started to notice I felt tired and developed a very itchy rash on my scalp, which was driving me crazy, and also tingling in my upper body. I didn't at first connect taking glucomannan with the symptoms. It was only after I checked online about possible side effects that I found this. I stopped using it immediately and all itching etc went away within a day:- •Potential side effects include breathing problems, chest tightness, hives, rash and swelling. Glucomannan has also gotten lodged in the throat of some users. Stop taking the supplement if you experience any symptoms and contact your doctor.

Every morning and every afternoon

Posted by Reviewer2905303 on May 23, 2012

I've been using it for over a year. Terrific product that wards off sugar spikes. Add half a teaspoon to any kind of drink (I personally prefer stinging nettle tea) and immediately stir in three or four drops of liquid stevia. Wait three minutes and the drink will thicken to the texture of a milk shake. As a semi-solid, it's easier to ingest using a spoon. Once the pasty glucomannan enters your stomach and lines the walls, it becomes a barrier that prevents a rapid breakdown of simple starches (like breads and pastries) into sugar and slows absorption of sugar into the blood stream. Graphically your sugar spikes will stop looking like icicles and start looking like soft, rolling putting greens.

More appropriate for food than drinks

Posted by Reviewer1682184 on Sep 21, 2012

I like this stuff, but I don't use it the way the manufacturer suggests. If you put it in a drink, it turns slimy and wants to stick to the glass instead of mixing. It has no taste, really, just texture. If you really want to take glucomannan alone, well before a meal, I'd recommend going with the kind in capsules instead of powder and drinking a lot of water. That said, my intention was to add it to soy yogurt, in order to provide the organisms in the yogurt with another food/fuel source. My yogurt starts out with the consistency of pudding, and after I add this and let it sit around a couple of hours (in the fridge), it turns in to something more like cream cheese. The added fiber helps me run for longer on yogurt, especially if I get a sweetened yogurt.

Great supplement

Posted by EricaFaith on Apr 27, 2012

Glucomannan did help keep me full longer and I was less hungry while taking it. I would take it about 30 minutes before i ate anything, especially a high carb meal, and I feel it helped balance my blood sugars. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone struggling with insulin resistance. I felt so much better after I started taking this, it definitely helped my insulin resistance.

Excellent product!

Posted by ShelleyP on Aug 15, 2012

This stuff is great! It will help fill you up if you take with water before a meal - don't leave it sit in the water as it will get very thick, you want to drink it down quickly. I also add a bit to my lunch smoothie as I like them a bit thicker, and this also helps keep you satisfied. If you have any constipation problems, it will help keep you regular as well. I prefer buying it in this powder form as it's much more economical.

Working

Posted by Reviewer2478193 on Mar 06, 2012

It's good product with excellent price/quality. But it is VERY difficult to swallow so capsules are better if it is a problem for you.

Best product

Posted by 5319986018608252604 on Nov 04, 2012

This is an amazing thickener. Great replacement for cornstarch and other thickners. I feel much better when I use this, and am less bloated!

Great thickener!

Posted by AnnaLL on Apr 24, 2013

I LOVE this product!!! I use it as a thickener in sauces, soup etc. Low calorie, low carb, high in fiber; perfect!

great product

Posted by Reviewer1803877 on Nov 23, 2013

i'm using this product to make recipes from trim healthy mama. it makes very filling, non-fattening puddings, smoothies, etc. lots of the recipes are on pinterest too (search thmamas). some of the poor reviews say that glucc is sticky or gross or otherwise inedible but my experience is the opposite. maybe they just need to try some new recipes? great price, cant beat the 4$ shipping to canada, thanks iherb! :)

Fantastic Product - Great in every way

Posted by 5538714359529007885 on May 13, 2014

I am eating the low carb way. I don't want to feel deprived, so I had to find a way to tweak the foods I love, to become low carb - enter Glucomannan. This product adds bulk/thickness/similarity, to my tweaked recipes. I love it so much. I live in the UK, where its impossible to find these products and when you do, you pay a king's ransom. iherb has made it possible to get these great products at little postage costs. Where would I be without iherb. An excellent company, selling excellent products. Thank you.

« Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next »