Flavor Intensity

Posted by Reviewer2267877 on May 31, 2010

I have poor taste buds and I need very strong flavors to really enjoy the chocolate. This cocoa powder came close but I am looking for something with stronger chocolate flavor. To keep calorie count down I have sweetened it with Stevia. On occasion I have made it into a thick paste, sweetened it and made it my chocolate bar substitute.

Quite bitter

Posted by Reviewer2299393 on Feb 20, 2012

I don`t doubt its quality but it is bitter enough to spoil recipes that include it.

Russia

Posted by Reviewer1156848 on Apr 18, 2011

Very sated taste! Taste of qualitative chocolate! Perfectly well!

Patiko

Posted by KOQ048 on Aug 22, 2012

Kakavos milteliai kaip milteliai. Patogi pakuotÄ—, organic, kaina - gera. Ateityje kartosiu.

Regular is better

Posted by snowfitness1 on Nov 27, 2008

I always use Now's cocoa powder that is not organic because it is half the price. IHerb was out of stock of it, so I got the organic one, and it isn't as flavorful at all.

weak cocoa

Posted by Reviewer2853572 on Feb 04, 2011

if you expect something like Valrhona's or Godiva's at least, this is not for you. not flavorful, but powdery. the only good thing about this product is "organic."

Cocoa powder

Posted by karishma on Jun 10, 2012

This tastes great.

Cocoa Powder

Posted by Reviewer3100179 on Jun 14, 2012

It is great, the taste of my childhood! In my town there are no analogues in quality and taste, I will buy all the time!

So Cocoa-ee Delicious!

Posted by Reviewer2514067 on Dec 22, 2008

I used to order the pre-sweetened Now Foods Hot Chocolate Powder, and was very happy with it. However, eventually, I decided to try their plain cocoa powder. Wow! What a difference! The incredibly rich taste rolls out of each mouthful. It's pure luxury. (To me, the difference between the two products is astounding, when it comes to getting that rich cocoa taste.) As a sweetener, I use organic brown rice syrup. For over-all healthfulness, I also add two tablespoons of organic extra virgin coconut oil. With the polyphenols from the cocoa, and the nutrients from the coconut oil, I feel very good about what it's doing for me. On occasion, I will make a four-ounce pot of press pot coffee, brewed fairly strong, and will use that as a base for this drink (on mornings where it seems hard to get going). In general, however, each day now, I have a hot cocoa-coconut oil drink--usually in the evening. I wouldn't think of missing it.

Great flavor enhancer

Posted by Reviewer1766164 on Sep 10, 2008

Delicious chocolate taste without sweetener. I enjoy adding this to my cereal, oatmeal and smoothie. it's a great flavor enhancer (good at masking the strong taste of green powders like chlorella) and reduces my need for sweetener or other flavor enhancer.