Gelatin is dodgy

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 19, 2014

While these are a good size and easier to fill by hand than vegecaps, I'll be avoiding them like the plague from now on. After a bit of detective work, I seem to be intolerant of anything that's made of gelatin. This is apparently possible if you get the flu injection which contains gelatin, or other innoculations that contain gelatin, such as MMR (which I got with three other innoculations when I moved country). Possibly also why nutritional oils in gelcaps cause me grief (though some of that is also a salicylate/glycerine thing). It's a toxic world. My suggestion - forgo the caps and go as natural as possible (even if it tastes awful). Your immune system will play nice in the long run. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Enough size for everything

Posted by TinVal on Aug 23, 2012

You can put any powder you wish in these capsules. The size is perfect. I fill my own NAC and IP6 capsules when I go travel because they can be tightly and strongly closed. I bought this item three times and use it every day - my sister, mother and other members of my family. I certainly buy again. Very satisfied.

Good value and easy to fill...

Posted by PracticalReviews on Oct 19, 2013

iHerb carries a lot of powder forms of supplements so the ones you can't tolerate the taste just use these , it holds about 900mg max depends on the powder type , easy to swallow and best value for money,i would condsider a vegie cap if the price was a little lower. a few remarks : i think iherb should bring back the Now " Cap M Quick " back into stock and Now should write the kosher / Halal on the package itself and not only in the description page....you are welcome to rate & read my other reviews

Easy to pull apart - good quality

Posted by coconut on Jun 29, 2012

These are easy to pull apart and put back together. Good size. I have a plastic device that lines up the capsules to fill them. I have used for MSM, turmeric, bentanite clay and ginger. Very happy with results. I buy herbs in bulk and save money using these capsules.

Sturdy

Posted by Reviewer3321203 on Nov 30, 2007

Now brand gelatin capsules are the only ones I buy. I don't have to worry about cracking or crushing when I make my herb pills.

Great value

Posted by Reviewer2493571 on Feb 06, 2008

Great value for the money, alot cheaper than other places. Only complaint is that sometimes a few of the capsules are crushed or the top is missing, but still an excellent value for the money. They fit really well in my capsule machine and don't stick like some other ones I've tried.

Gelatin Caps - not Halal

Posted by 5527330285052172045 on Apr 19, 2016

Gelatin caps - not halal.

Save money

Posted by tigercho on Sep 29, 2011

I used to spend a lot of cash for capsuled supplements, this way I just buy bulk powders and fill the capsules manually- I take glutamine and colostrum capsules on an empty stomach. This way I can take more paying less

Always good

Posted by Reviewer1038626 on Nov 11, 2011

I have been using these capsules for years and will continue. Good quality and best value I have found.

Most Excellent!

Posted by Reviewer2897804 on Mar 30, 2009

These capsules are everything I expected them to be. Sturdy and positive 'click' when capping them. Haven't found any defects in the 2/3's bag I have used so far. I need not shop for these any farther. Very happy with this product.