Kefir food!

Posted by Reviewer1200648 on Jan 11, 2011

Good to feed Water Kefir Grains!

sugar order

Posted by Reviewer3332577 on Oct 24, 2007

Good service. Great health related brochures sent along with the product.

great white sugar replacer

Posted by Reviewer3130623 on May 06, 2012

I use this product in my baking and fermenting of water kefir. I have never had a problem with the outcome of the finished product. It's a great 1:1 replacement for white sugar when baking.

I'm happy with my sugar

Posted by Reviewer2367812 on Oct 24, 2007

I'm happy with my sugar. It was a good price.

Ummm...

Posted by Reviewer1196570 on Jun 09, 2009

We call this "dirt sugar" in our house. It has a weird texture, but a nice molasses flavour.

A healthy sugar

Posted by Reviewer1956885 on Nov 07, 2007

What a great replacement for processed brown sugar. Makes a great base for pineapple upside down cake.

Delicious natural sweetener

Posted by Reviewer2949310 on Jan 26, 2007

I tried Sucanat based on Dr. Marcus Laux recommending it in his health newsletter as a substitute for white and brown sugar. I bought this brand and substituted it for brown sugar in a cookie recipe. It was so delicious, I have been using it as a sugar substitute ever since. Please note, though: while Sucanat is very nutritious compared to white and brown sugar, it still has a high glycemic index, as any sugar does. For that reason, when substituting for sugar in recipes, I also use these other natural sweeteners: stevia, FOS and Lo Han Guo, all of which were also recommended by Dr. Laux. NOW sells stevia for a great price, which I also got from iHerb. You can also use sugar alcohols as an additional substitute--and NOW sells them, too. However, sugar alcohols, because the body does not digest them, cause most people, including myself, intestinal distress, so I can't use them.

Now Foods, Sucanat, 2 lbs

Posted by Reviewer1980871 on Jan 17, 2008

Good quality sucanat

great service for military troops overseas

Posted by Reviewer2065667 on Apr 13, 2009

Not too many companies will deliver food stuff (or anything for that matter) to APO and FPO addresses. There are LOTS of things that our soldiers would like to have while deployed or stationed overseas that aren't available to them over there. It's a pleasure to buy from companies that serve the troops and their families. We will continue to buy from iHerb for this reason. Thanks!

Unhappy

Posted by Reviewer1463076 on Mar 24, 2008

The smell and taste is horrible - I threw it out.