• Plastic container

• Reviews | English

Mild rancid-like after/side taste

Posted by dittaeva on Oct 07, 2013

This is the second (out of many) virgin coconut oils at iHerb that have a (mild) rancid like after/side taste. Given the great selection of organic virgin cocnut oils at iHerb, I would never buy this again. If you're looking for hood value, go for Nature's Way's, no. 4567.

Strong smell and aftertaste

Posted by 4711883003752928730 on Oct 11, 2013

I do not like this coconut oil. I tried to give it a chance thinking maybe I would get used to it but for cooking it has an awful smell and flavor. I wouldn't buy it again or recommend it, there are much better oils on this site.

Delicious, healthy oil

Posted by Reviewer2949310 on Jan 26, 2007

Coconut oil is a delicious oil for baking and is excellent for skin care. I have also read health reports that it has beneficial effects on the thyroid when added to the diet. In baking, it has a similar texture and creaming ability to butter and shortening and can be substituted for them. I have used this brand of coconut oil with great results in cookies, brownies, fudge, cakes, crackers, muffins, and pie crusts. Where a recipe calls for oil or melted butter, you just melt the coconut oil in a pan or in the microwave. For the latter, I use heating level 5. Coconut oil in baked goods--or on your skin--smells heavenly. If you love the taste of coconut, you will love what it does to your baked goods. You can also substitute it in dishes such as a salad made of raisins and shredded carrots which would normally use mayonnaise.

love this product,

Posted by Reviewer1267204 on May 20, 2008

I can take it internally right off the spoon and topically, it's wonderful

smells great

Posted by Reviewer1562407 on Feb 09, 2010

Great moisturizer. Great for baking. It adds a litlle coconut flavor to cakes and brownies.

I love this stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1052081 on Feb 22, 2010

I love the way it smells, and the way it feels in my hair.It melts very quickly once you put it in your hair. not to mention it was very cheap for the amount you get.and it was shipped to me very quick. I love this site and their products!!!!

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer2089428 on Sep 11, 2009

I actually use this product as a body cream and I love it. It nourishes the skin very well and it actually absorbs better than other coconut oils I have used!

New to me but delicious

Posted by NurseDonna on Apr 12, 2011

It's too soon to tell the positive effects, but this coconut oil tastes delicious. I used it yesterday to saute some veggies & leftover chicken before adding rice to the final casserole. It was delicious and healthful, what more can I ask.

Wonderful!

Posted by Reviewer2306665 on Jan 28, 2011

This is wonderful to cook with, I have been adding it to all my baked goods and granola bars. It has a nice coconut flavor.

vco

Posted by Reviewer1768095 on Jun 29, 2010

I like this. Following someone else's recipe, I mix equal parts blackstrap molasses/natural peanut butter/vco and refrigerate to thicken. I eat this to increase my iron intake, and expect the oil is very benenficial as well. Works for pan-frying too.