| English
| USD ($)

Now Foods, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, 20 fl oz (591 ml)

Tastes just horrid!

Posted by Reviewer3129143 on Dec 01, 2009

I lusually love coconut oil as i take it as a supplement so taste is important to me, but this stuff made me want to puke!! Its like liquid fat and it gave me an instant headache!!

Happy with Product

Posted by Reviewer1947815 on Feb 19, 2009

This is the best coconut oil I have found so far for applying all over your skin. Works at least as well as others I have tried and definitely smells better. Other coconut oils I have tried smell good at first and then develop an almost stale odor after an hour or so, but not with this product.

HOrrible

Posted by Reviewer1837551 on Nov 21, 2008

I thought this was really bad, I am used to Spectrum, which i-herb does NOT carry. This is very hard, smells and tastes bad, almost like old coconuts. Spectums has a soft sweet smell and taste, plus it isn't nearly as hard. Wish i-herb would carry it. Guess I'll go back to getting it at my local health food store at the high price, at least I know I'm getting what I like. Plus I use it sparingly so it lasts me about 4 months.

A+ quality

Posted by Reviewer1577898 on Jun 15, 2008

The coconut oil in solid form is white and in liquid form, it is clear and it does not smell rancid. I combine 1 tablespoon of coconut oil with my dog's dry food once a day (every other day) as an added supplement to his diet and he loves it! It is also a great antiseptic for both human and animals. I also use it for my hair (I massage my scalp and hair with it and leave it on at least 2 hours before rinsing it off with shampoo and conditioner) and my hair is soft and shiny. I haven't tried putting it on my food, but will experiment on it soon.

great!

Posted by Reviewer2115831 on Nov 26, 2007

this stuff is great! i recommended to all my freinds! i am a nail technician and the winter months wreaks havoc on my clients nails and cuticles. virgin coconut oil is absolutely great for this and i also use it all over my body! love it!!! and the delivery form iherb was right on time!