• Plastic container

• Reviews | English

Mild rancid-like after/side taste

Posted by dittaeva on Oct 07, 2013

This is the second (out of many) virgin coconut oils at iHerb that have a (mild) rancid like after/side taste. Given the great selection of organic virgin cocnut oils at iHerb, I would never buy this again. If you're looking for hood value, go for Nature's Way's, no. 4567.

Strong smell and aftertaste

Posted by 4711883003752928730 on Oct 11, 2013

I do not like this coconut oil. I tried to give it a chance thinking maybe I would get used to it but for cooking it has an awful smell and flavor. I wouldn't buy it again or recommend it, there are much better oils on this site.

Delicious, healthy oil

Posted by Reviewer2949310 on Jan 26, 2007

Coconut oil is a delicious oil for baking and is excellent for skin care. I have also read health reports that it has beneficial effects on the thyroid when added to the diet. In baking, it has a similar texture and creaming ability to butter and shortening and can be substituted for them. I have used this brand of coconut oil with great results in cookies, brownies, fudge, cakes, crackers, muffins, and pie crusts. Where a recipe calls for oil or melted butter, you just melt the coconut oil in a pan or in the microwave. For the latter, I use heating level 5. Coconut oil in baked goods--or on your skin--smells heavenly. If you love the taste of coconut, you will love what it does to your baked goods. You can also substitute it in dishes such as a salad made of raisins and shredded carrots which would normally use mayonnaise.

Great body lotion

Posted by chungfai on Jan 02, 2012

i use it as body lotion to my dry feet in winter season. Excellent result.

Lovely

Posted by Reviewer3305515 on Jan 29, 2012

I bought 2 of these, one for eating and another for personal use. I use them both every single day. Great quality coconut oil! =)

Use it every day

Posted by Reviewer3315071 on Jan 08, 2013

I use it every day in my smoothie to have those healthy fatty acids!

Best Coconut oil

Posted by Reviewer1840526 on Jul 08, 2011

This is what I'll stick with, great price, great product. My autistic son who is 19 takes this by the spoonful and somehow it calms him down when he is having a tantrum. I can't praise this enough and when you consider the nutritional value to boot, it is a bargain! Go to Mercola.com to see all the benefits of using coconut oil over any other oil

vco

Posted by Reviewer1768095 on Jun 29, 2010

I like this. Following someone else's recipe, I mix equal parts blackstrap molasses/natural peanut butter/vco and refrigerate to thicken. I eat this to increase my iron intake, and expect the oil is very benenficial as well. Works for pan-frying too.

a million uses

Posted by Reviewer1789342 on Jul 18, 2010

I have used this in cooking/baking/sauteing, on bad sunburns (it prevents peeling and soothes burns), in my conditioner and henna mixture (how I dye my hair) and it leaves my hair soft and smooth but not oily, I add it to my coffee it makes it creamy without adding cream. It's also known to fight yeast infections and balances your system if you take a spoon full 1-3 times a day so just cook or drink it in other foods and you should be fine!! Also I saw complaints some saying they wished it was solid some saying they wished it was hard....everyone should know temperature regulates it's hardness....if put in the fridge it's guaranteed hard, in souther CA in the cubboard or on the counter it's going to be liquid....here's an example in action cold asparagus I tossed with LIQUID Coconut oil, put on the pan and the oil turned into it's hard white version because it was touching cold asparagus...but upon baking turn back into oil! See!!!

amazing stuff

Posted by Reviewer1540220 on Sep 22, 2011

tastes great and does not burn like olive oil when used in cooking - I love the faint taste of coconut so I use it to cook a LOT. does solidify when it is cool, so I keep it by the stove