Happier Days!

Posted by Reviewer2528501 on Oct 01, 2008

After much research, I discovered that a combination of 5-HTP and Inositol creates an anti-anxiety effect, similar to that of Prozac (but of course without all of the nasty drug side effects anti-depressants cause). I am the mother of two children under four, and I take one of each in the morning and I find that I am less easily stressed, respond in a much calmer manner and am generally a less anxious person as a result.

SAVED MY LIFE

Posted by Reviewer2833597 on Aug 27, 2010

I was having panic attacks-couldn't rest, couldn't sleep, fear of dying-horrible. The doctor wanted to put me on Zoloft-which I did not want to do. Started taking the Inositol which has been a Godsend! Checked with my doctor, who said it wouldn't interfere with my blood pressure meds. I take 4-5 daily and Goodbye panic-hello normal life!! Thank you-Thank you-Thank you.

Helps with Sleep

Posted by Reviewer1958329 on Mar 12, 2008

I began taking extra Inositol after reading The Edge Effect by Dr. Braverman. After taking the inventory, I read the chapters and recommendations for my primary neurotransmitter type and my symptoms which included not sleeping well through the night. So I added Inositol and 5-HTP to the melatonin that I was already taking. I am not one to take prescription sleep aids and these natural products really help.

Excellent Product

Posted by Reviewer2574712 on Dec 27, 2007

I use Inositol to keep me calm throughout the day. It is an excellent tranquilizer.

Use as sleep aid

Posted by Reviewer2747948 on May 13, 2009

I take 500 mg of Inositol and .25 mg of Melatonin and get the best sleep I've gotten in years. I like NOW products; good quality and prices.

Inositol 500mg Capsules

Posted by Reviewer1785808 on Jul 03, 2010

I recently ordered Inositol. It was recommended for my 6yr old son by Pfeiffer Treatment Center. It helps with calming on days that may be stressful for him. I was instructed by the RN that he could have 3 capsules 3 times a day as needed for calming. We love it and will be purchasing again from iHerb

Posted by Reviewer2157848 on Sep 06, 2011

This works so far! I notice a difference. I used to have many anxiety attacks throughout the day, but since I started this in combination with B-vitamins and magnesium I have been much better. Might be the placebo effect, but hey as long as it works and I can stay away from the bad pills with nasty side effects...:) Im very happy! Start with one a day for a week, then two a day for a week, then three and so on until you find the right dosage for you. Let your body get used to it. Might give you some light headaches and a little stomach problems the first few days, but it is worth it.

Hair grows

Posted by Reviewer1696827 on May 07, 2010

I take 3 caps a day (most days) my hair was thinning up top. now it;s coming back. I use minoxidill too, but it works 100% better with inositol.

Relaxer

Posted by Reviewer2251109 on Jun 17, 2009

Noticed definite difference in the way in which high doses of Inositol calms my anxiety.

Ok if not for the Insomnia

Posted by Reviewer1928527 on Aug 16, 2010

This would be great if it didn't cause insomnia. I feel so much more relaxed when I take it, but then I keep waking up in the middle of the night :/