Great stuff

Posted by Reviewer1300695 on Jan 23, 2011

Adds lot's of micro-minerals and vitamins in a good balanced way. Including iodine, that seems to help with thyroid (from what I've read). I stay away from salt to help with BP, so this should help supply the iodine. The scoop is small. I like to take 1/4 level teaspoon at a time for a 670 mcg dose. There are 450 servings at that dose (level quarter teaspoon). Great value. iHerb is the best. UPDATE: I had new bloodwork done and my TSH has fell to 12 from 18, but is still very high, so have started on Natural Thyroid Medication. I'll lower the serving of kelp to the recommended dose. Seems that lack of iodine isn't causing my hypothyroid problem.

2 scoops!

Posted by Reviewer2831360 on Apr 06, 2010

You will laugh out loud when you see the size of the "scoop" - I think its smaller than a pencil eraser. So this will last a LONG time. I put it in my smoothies. Can't taste it - its such a small amount. Good product - will buy again.

Take Kelp With Care

Posted by RubiesHealth on Jan 09, 2013

I cannot say this is good or bad, except that if you don't need it, you will know when you take it. I bought this to augment NOW Foods Barley Grass Juice because I used to take Dr Hagiwara's barley grass juice formula which contains kelp. Indeed, I laughed at how tiny the enclosed spoon is and thought nothing of how potent one scoop is. The smell is actually quite pleasant. Taking that tiny scoop once daily proved unsuitable for my husband and I. It made him fatigue and gave me anxiety and chest congestion, though without palpitation. The moment we stopped, our symptoms went away. I tested it again, and the same symptoms returned. This shows that the content is real and pure! Therefore take this only if your body needs it.

Review

Posted by Reviewer2458018 on Nov 26, 2009

This is very nice in that I felt a nice quiet increase in energy.

VERY SATISFIED

Posted by Reviewer1809465 on Jul 08, 2009

I had bought Kelp at my local health food store and paid almost as much for a tiny bag of it as I did for this whole 8oz bottle! I still had a little left from the bag so I compared the color (not sure if that's a fair comparison or not but seemed like a good idea at the time!). I was very pleased to see the deep green color was the same in this as what I paid for at the health food store. I feel that's a good indication of the top quality of this product.

Kelp

Posted by Reviewer2672268 on Feb 19, 2012

I hate the smell of this product and see something like fine sand at the bottom of my glass when drinking. Will use it up as a face masque.

Good Flavor Enchancer and Good For You!

Posted by Reviewer2209125 on Apr 10, 2010

I really enjoy Now Foods, Kelp, 8.oz. (227g) it is a great alternative to synthetic MSG, I add it in smalll quantities to soups, sauces, spice rubs, etc. it is a good overall seasoning. Also, it is much better for you than MSG!

Good stuff!

Posted by 5258120110855876798 on Jul 27, 2015

This has lasted me for ages.. Good value for money & good stuff in general. I've been taking kelp supplements (on and off) since I was a teen, mainly for iodine & metabolic support. I think it's something that's safe to take, possibly not if you have thyroid or other medical issues, and as long as it's harvested from non polluted waters. The one "negative" side effect that I've ever heard of, was when my aunt stopped taking a similar product to this (kelp tablets), as she found them to be diuretic. I'd say she had water retention prior to taking them..;)

nice

Posted by finlandrecommends on Feb 12, 2014

Little tiny spoon inside was a nice suprise. Easy to use really. Recommend! Give a small taste of it to anyone (nice taste, such a small amount is enough, a little salty thing), perhaps they get interested and start a japanese diet with seaweed..?! (By the way: I wish every product would describe the content, if the capsule is inside in liquid form or hard or Is it a pill, a coated pill? Some people have difficulties in swallowing, what about the information is it possible to divide a capsule? In this case Powder with that tint is to use with the spoon)

muy bueno

Posted by mudanzas-valencia on Aug 04, 2015

muy bueno, me sorprendio la calidad del producto y lo economico