New To iHerb?

Now Foods, Kelp, Powder, 8 oz (227 g)

2 scoops!

Posted by Reviewer2831360 on Apr 06, 2010

You will laugh out loud when you see the size of the "scoop" - I think its smaller than a pencil eraser. So this will last a LONG time. I put it in my smoothies. Can't taste it - its such a small amount. Good product - will buy again.

Great stuff

Posted by Reviewer1300695 on Jan 23, 2011

Adds lot's of micro-minerals and vitamins in a good balanced way. Including iodine, that seems to help with thyroid (from what I've read). I stay away from salt to help with BP, so this should help supply the iodine. The scoop is small. I like to take 1/4 level teaspoon at a time for a 670 mcg dose. There are 450 servings at that dose (level quarter teaspoon). Great value. iHerb is the best. UPDATE: I had new bloodwork done and my TSH has fell to 12 from 18, but is still very high, so have started on Natural Thyroid Medication. I'll lower the serving of kelp to the recommended dose. Seems that lack of iodine isn't causing my hypothyroid problem.

Take Kelp With Care

Posted by RubiesHealth on Jan 09, 2013

I cannot say this is good or bad, except that if you don't need it, you will know when you take it. I bought this to augment NOW Foods Barley Grass Juice because I used to take Dr Hagiwara's barley grass juice formula which contains kelp. Indeed, I laughed at how tiny the enclosed spoon is and thought nothing of how potent one scoop is. The smell is actually quite pleasant. Taking that tiny scoop once daily proved unsuitable for my husband and I. It made him fatigue and gave me anxiety and chest congestion, though without palpitation. The moment we stopped, our symptoms went away. I tested it again, and the same symptoms returned. This shows that the content is real and pure! Therefore take this only if your body needs it.

VERY SATISFIED

Posted by Reviewer1809465 on Jul 08, 2009

I had bought Kelp at my local health food store and paid almost as much for a tiny bag of it as I did for this whole 8oz bottle! I still had a little left from the bag so I compared the color (not sure if that's a fair comparison or not but seemed like a good idea at the time!). I was very pleased to see the deep green color was the same in this as what I paid for at the health food store. I feel that's a good indication of the top quality of this product.

Review

Posted by Reviewer2458018 on Nov 26, 2009

This is very nice in that I felt a nice quiet increase in energy.