Something that finally seems to be working against hair loss

Posted by 4630873230070687781 on May 20, 2013

I'm a female in my very early 30's and an inexplicable case of hair loss that no doctor or blood test seems to be able to detect 'medically'. Purchased NOW L-Cysteine after my dermatologist recommended it to me as a non medical solution. Seems to be working after 5 months of religious use - new hairs are sprouting all over my head.

NOW's L-Cysteine: No info on its source. Is it from human hair?

Posted by Reviewer2631717 on Dec 06, 2013

I bought this as an alternative to NAC for liver detox and support, because it is good to pause or alternate ALL supplements. Now I discovered on Dr. Mercola & Wikipedia that 80% of it is made from hair swept up in chinese barbers. Then from duck feathers and hog hair. It can also be made from fermentation, but is 3X as expensive. Some sites also say it is a brain excitent which eventually burns out the brain if taken in high doses. On NOW's site, they offer no info on their source, but offer the absolute cheapest L-Cysteine. Anyone know of a non- hair source? I give it 3 stars until I know more. Also of concern is the general lack of details re ingredients on their labels. For instance: There are over 4 kinds of vitamin K-4. Menaquinone 4, 7,8 and 11. Only the Menaquinone 7 is of true value for humans. The others are inexpensive or synthetic forms of no true value. Now Foods has a large number of vitamin supplements that avoid telling us exactly what we are getting. And I am getting more suspicious of this company for this evasive strategy. Millie from Canuckland

Not vegetarian

Posted by 5441691892673307650 on Dec 28, 2013

I have to say I'm rather upset. The description of this product is misleading (including terms like (vegetable source) and vegetable coating,nowhere it is written that this is not suitable for vegetarians. I spent a good amount of time doing some research on the internet to find out where Now Foods L-Cysteine is derived from, after reading another review here of somebody wondering the same thing. Finally I found it on Now Food's homepage ( not under product description) but in a different section. L-Cysteine derived from Whey or Chicken Feathers. I feel defrauded, because in the way they put this product description it is not obvious at all that this is an animal based product - which by the way is fine - but being so vague and inexplicit gives me the impression that this is yet another company that most probably knowingly conceals the precise description in order to make some more bucks.

Hangover cure, huge tablet

Posted by Reviewer3337984 on Mar 02, 2011

Been taking this with grape juice and thiamine(B1) the nights I go drinking and the combo is working. Last time I drank over 10 servings(I drink this much maybe 5 times a year so I don't have real tolerance) combo and went straight back to school after 7 hours of sleep as usual. The capsule is about the size of largest soft gel -capsules I've seen.

L-cysteine - Hair Manna

Posted by Isabella on Sep 11, 2013

Everybody wants thick hair & skin and this is the pill that can support that goal. I take this regularly and I'm seeing considerably less hair fall. ===================================================================================== Click my name Isabella ▲ at the top of this review (blue text) to visit my profile ===================================================================================== If you found this review helpful, please let me know by clicking the “YES”-button below the review.

Save $10 by visiting my profile page, enjoy shopping here!!!!

Posted by Click-ME-AND-SAVE-10dol on May 17, 2013

This is unbelievable product. I can`t believe how it made to look my hair. I am taking this with another product of now food Biotin, so it makes this one works even faster. My hair is growing faster and look much better. I love this product.

can't feel anything

Posted by Reviewer1979548 on May 16, 2011

i can't feeling anything. and it's not that good my heart. it makes my heart rate raising.

Best Amino Acid product, EVER !!

Posted by Sickness-ELIMINATOR on Aug 11, 2013

NOW L-Cysteine is an amino acid that is an important component of hair, nails and the keratin of the skin. I took this product with a multi-vitamin for months. I did notice my hair growing faster and thicker!! If this will stop working, I will add Biotin and MSM with it and will let you all know how that works. . . . You can find other products I use on my Page! I use only products that have Scientifically Proven benefits (or taste good).

Good Brand And Product, Works....

Posted by Read-Me-Now-Be-Happy on May 28, 2013

Good for hair, skin, nails, scalp, connective tissue! We found that after using it for about a month we had noticeable results.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer2586845 on Aug 16, 2012

This is a wonderful product! I have been using it for almost 6 months and after about 4 weeks I noticed an improvement with daily hair loss. I can honestly say that it has cut my hair loss by at least 50% and my hair is more abundant and the longest it has ever been (have not cut it in 31/2 months). This product has not changed the texture or diameter of my hair but hair loss, especially with hair washing, has improved beyond my expectations. I have not experienced any side effects such as the after taste that has been reported and I take it along with other antioxidants.