NOW's L-Cysteine: No info on its source. Is it from human hair?

Posted by Reviewer2631717 on Dec 06, 2013

I bought this as an alternative to NAC for liver detox and support, because it is good to pause or alternate ALL supplements. Now I discovered on Dr. Mercola & Wikipedia that 80% of it is made from hair swept up in chinese barbers. Then from duck feathers and hog hair. It can also be made from fermentation, but is 3X as expensive. Some sites also say it is a brain excitent which eventually burns out the brain if taken in high doses. On NOW's site, they offer no info on their source, but offer the absolute cheapest L-Cysteine. Anyone know of a non- hair source? I give it 3 stars until I know more. Also of concern is the general lack of details re ingredients on their labels. For instance: There are over 4 kinds of vitamin K-4. Menaquinone 4, 7,8 and 11. Only the Menaquinone 7 is of true value for humans. The others are inexpensive or synthetic forms of no true value. Now Foods has a large number of vitamin supplements that avoid telling us exactly what we are getting. And I am getting more suspicious of this company for this evasive strategy. Millie from Canuckland

good

Posted by Anaterma on Nov 04, 2013

seems to work on skin. but i REALLY wish american producers would stop putting over 900% of B vitamins or any other vitamins into any supplements, it gets really annoying, i don't need that amount at all, and other supplements that i take also has it and also i have a perfect diet already, thank you very much. it's just stupid, even considering it's water soluble.

Not sure yet

Posted by saraik on Oct 22, 2012

This could be more stars but being that I've been only using for a month im not sure if it's made a difference in hair growth. My nails however are much stronger so im sure it's working. Not too hard to swallow but if taking for hair growth be sure to take 50-100mg of Vitamin C along with it. One thing that threw me off is the inside of the bottle smelt a little like sulfur... or something. The pills don't taste or really smell funny though and im guessing that's natural.

L-Cysteine

Posted by Reviewer3162686 on Nov 08, 2012

Haven't used this for long enough to see any vast difference, but other Now products are excellent.

I'm waitting for now..

Posted by Reviewer2296034 on Jun 15, 2010

I heard that this product is good for skin... whitening.. so I take this twice-three times a day. not too difficult to swallow, and almost oder-less. but for 3weeks... I don't have any special difference. so I'm waitting the result.

good!

Posted by Reviewer3025101 on Dec 02, 2010

it cheap! i believe it works

Ok

Posted by Reviewer2237329 on Apr 16, 2012

I am eating from 20 days but really doesnt feel any diffrence so far

good!

Posted by Reviewer2082599 on Mar 25, 2009

I have been drinking them for 3 weeks now, and I have noticed my hair doesnt fall as much as it used to and my nails are growing a bit faster.

s

Posted by Reviewer3129459 on Oct 12, 2009

it really helps clear and white healthy skin

wow