Works only sometimes...

Posted by Reviewer2627454 on Mar 23, 2013

I bought this for my sinuses because several people had recommended it for that. The first week it worked wonders, no more stuffy nose at night! A miracle, so I thought. After that, it seemed to quit working. I used it anyway for another week and still no change. I stopped using it altogether for about 2 weeks and then started again and it only helped somewhat, nothing like before. Weird! I may try it again soon before tossing it. The taste is also nasty...I don't understand how people can say it's tasteless, it's extremely bitter with an intense salty taste. It works well in orange juice or mixed in apple sauce.

For my cats

Posted by Reviewer2811175 on Oct 11, 2011

Received very quickly and was well packed. I ordered this because one of my 3 cats has chronic rhinitus/sinusitus. The powder alone did not clear it but I am hoping that after the infection has been cleared with the antibiotics etc this will keep him well. I put it on his wet food now and he doesn't notice any taste. I wasn't sure how much to give, but my vet said that it is a natural amino acid so that 500 grams is ok per day for him. Can't give a full rating as it is a bit soon to tell, but am willing to give it a go.

For the Herpes Calici Cat

Posted by Reviewer1503463 on Oct 12, 2008

Works great when he decides to eat it. Doesn't taste very well but if you can hide it in plenty of food its fine.

Seems okay so far

Posted by Reviewer3274779 on Mar 26, 2011

I got this for my cats. Just sprinkling some onto their food. One of my cats prefers wet food and she doesn't mind the lysine on top at all. The other cat is the one with herpes. But she prefers dry food and will pick out the kibbles that have the least amount of lysine on them. I have to mix in treats with the food to get her to eat it. She seems to be getting more used to it now that it's been a coupe of weeks, and I'm anxious to see how it will work for her. But this is much easier than the gel stuff from the vet.

NOW foods L-Lysine powder

Posted by Reviewer2586783 on Mar 25, 2010

really great deal on a large quantity of Lysine powder non clumping and completly tasteless

good for the cat too

Posted by Reviewer1981731 on Nov 30, 2008

i read that some vets give a scrip of this in a tube/gel form for cats that have come down with colds, etc...well give this in the same does as the scrip says and toss it on the dry food. My cat ate it with no problem... he hated the scrip form that i had to use a syringe to put it in his mouth...

Lysine

Posted by 5660175667147548848 on May 05, 2014

Not exactly like the original Lysine I had ordered from iherb, but it cost a bit less. I still wound up with blisters from too much acid in my blood, so I don't think I'll order this brand again. I'll use up what I have (which is a lot!).

bad taste

Posted by Reviewer1767781 on Oct 09, 2009

Don't like the taste when used in a drink, should have gotten a pill

value

Posted by Reviewer3191026 on May 04, 2011

good value

L-Lysine Powder 1 lb.

Posted by Reviewer1890931 on Jul 16, 2011

With shipping, a little pricey, but Now delivers on quality.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »