Now Foods, L-Lysine, Powder, 1 lb (454 g)

Seems okay so far

Posted by Reviewer3274779 on Mar 26, 2011

I got this for my cats. Just sprinkling some onto their food. One of my cats prefers wet food and she doesn't mind the lysine on top at all. The other cat is the one with herpes. But she prefers dry food and will pick out the kibbles that have the least amount of lysine on them. I have to mix in treats with the food to get her to eat it. She seems to be getting more used to it now that it's been a coupe of weeks, and I'm anxious to see how it will work for her. But this is much easier than the gel stuff from the vet.

For the Herpes Calici Cat

Posted by Reviewer1503463 on Oct 12, 2008

Works great when he decides to eat it. Doesn't taste very well but if you can hide it in plenty of food its fine.

For my cats

Posted by Reviewer2811175 on Oct 11, 2011

Received very quickly and was well packed. I ordered this because one of my 3 cats has chronic rhinitus/sinusitus. The powder alone did not clear it but I am hoping that after the infection has been cleared with the antibiotics etc this will keep him well. I put it on his wet food now and he doesn't notice any taste. I wasn't sure how much to give, but my vet said that it is a natural amino acid so that 500 grams is ok per day for him. Can't give a full rating as it is a bit soon to tell, but am willing to give it a go.

Lysine in CardioRetinometry®

Posted by Reviewer2773356 on Aug 26, 2011

Too often Vitamin C alone is not enough to reverse arterial disease. As we age our bodies need increasing amounts of all nutrients. NOW foods Lysine has been a favourite with the Institute for many years.

L-Lsine Powder isn't just for people.

Posted by Reviewer3323647 on Oct 09, 2011

We've been long time customers for this product as it's one of very few in powder form. This allows us give specific dosages in cat food. Yes, cat food. Lysine seems to work against feline herpes among other things. This is of utmost imnportance in a cattery.