For Both People and their Cats

Posted by Reviewer1193267 on Dec 19, 2009

My elderly cat has eye problems and our veterinarian told me to buy L-Lysine powder to add to her wet food. I found an excellent product from NOW Foods - very pure "pharmaceutical grade" L-Lysine powder. Because this was the only product I needed, the shipping cost nearly doubled the price, but the powder itself was reasonably priced and next time I will order more products.

Seems okay so far

Posted by Reviewer3274779 on Mar 26, 2011

I got this for my cats. Just sprinkling some onto their food. One of my cats prefers wet food and she doesn't mind the lysine on top at all. The other cat is the one with herpes. But she prefers dry food and will pick out the kibbles that have the least amount of lysine on them. I have to mix in treats with the food to get her to eat it. She seems to be getting more used to it now that it's been a coupe of weeks, and I'm anxious to see how it will work for her. But this is much easier than the gel stuff from the vet.

For the Herpes Calici Cat

Posted by Reviewer1503463 on Oct 12, 2008

Works great when he decides to eat it. Doesn't taste very well but if you can hide it in plenty of food its fine.

For my cats

Posted by Reviewer2811175 on Oct 11, 2011

Received very quickly and was well packed. I ordered this because one of my 3 cats has chronic rhinitus/sinusitus. The powder alone did not clear it but I am hoping that after the infection has been cleared with the antibiotics etc this will keep him well. I put it on his wet food now and he doesn't notice any taste. I wasn't sure how much to give, but my vet said that it is a natural amino acid so that 500 grams is ok per day for him. Can't give a full rating as it is a bit soon to tell, but am willing to give it a go.

For cold sores/herpes virus

Posted by Reviewer2711901 on Oct 16, 2011

My mom rarely gets cold sores anymore since I give her l-lysine every day. She has alzheimer's and can not swallow pills, so the powder is perfect to mix in with a little oatmeal or applesauce.