L_Lysine in Linus Pauling Protocol

Posted by Reviewer3124445 on Jul 21, 2009

Heart Disease, Ascorbate, Lysine and Linus Pauling L-ascorbate (Vitamin C) 5-6 grams a day in divided doses L-Lysine 5 grams a day in divided doses L-Proline 2-3 grams a day in divided doses Pauling protocol aims to address the issue of Lipoprotein (a) attaching to the lysine residues on the damaged collagen fibers in the arterial wall. The additional lysine in the blood stream attaches to the receptor sites on the lipoprotein (a) molecules, inactivating the lipoprotein(a) thus preventing it attaching to arterial wall. This prevents initiation of atherosclerotic process. Vitamin C and Lysine are both important precursors for building strong collagen making strong arteries. I find it makes a nice tasting drink when allowed to dissolve in water to take my supplements.

L-Lysine Powder

Posted by Reviewer2074643 on Oct 02, 2010

L-Lysine was reccomended by my Veterunarian when I began my dream of breeding and showing Persian Cats. Prone to respitory issues due to their facial structure, finding the powdered from in a larger container was exactly what I needed. I have been using L-Lysine powder in my kittys water abd food since 2003 and have very little issues with upper respitory in my kittys. I herb has always been my source.

Awesome product!!!

Posted by Reviewer3160241 on Nov 15, 2007

I am using this product to boost the immune system of cats and kittens that are a part of a rescue I volunteer with and it is wonderful! This powder sticks to the dry food great and also mixes well with wet food. It has kept so many from upper respiratory infections and other cold type symptoms. Again, it is wonderful. Thanks for the great price!

L-Lysine for cats

Posted by Reviewer2436405 on Nov 25, 2008

Works great for preventing runny eyes and cold-like symptoms in cats that are caused by the herpes virus. Just add 500 mg to some wet food twice a day. It has no taste and so the cats won't even notice it.

Fantastic!

Posted by Reviewer1129720 on Jun 14, 2010

Great value and easy to feed to pets and humans. The taste is a bit icky, so I prefer to mix it in a citrus juice to mask it. Works well for my cat's herpes too.

L-Lysine Powder

Posted by Reviewer2082216 on Jan 12, 2011

This was recommended by our veterinarian for a case of Herpes in our Bombay. Haven't had him on it long enough to evaluate long term, but it seems to be helping with his eye problem.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer1263404 on Feb 19, 2011

I have just started using this product. I put 4 tsp in my morning smoothie. I have a cold and alot of chest congestion and it seems to be making my recover faster. Last year I had this same type of virus and it lasted 2 months, so far I have had it for one week and I feel the difference.

Recommended

Posted by Reviewer2073953 on Mar 05, 2011

When I added L-lysine to the powder mix I was using (Vitamin C, L-proline, MSM), I found that it increased the effectiveness of this combo in improving my immune system. Really a great combo that produces amazing results. And, because iherb provides them all in powder form, it greatly increases their effectiveness. It seems that when you are dealing with chronic illness, it is very difficult to get the quantity of these crucial vitamins that is required to overcome the problem unless you go to a powder form.

L-lysine

Posted by Reviewer1403240 on Feb 10, 2009

Convenient for cat owners to use.

Great value, excellent product

Posted by Reviewer1868309 on Sep 21, 2013

I use lysine supplementation to balance out the arginine I ingest every day. This prevents the stimulation of a latent herpes virus that I've lived with all my life. Thanks to Now Foods and iHerb, I now have a source for a quality product at a reasonable price.