Kicked back on me ...

Posted by StarFire on Sep 19, 2015

Seemed to work for a short while for longer/better sleep. Then I started getting very fatigued... "Theoretically should reduce ammonia, but has oddly been noted to both increase and decrease ammonia concentrations. Requires more studies to investigate this topic" (From Examine Com) I took 1g of ALCAR (which is a very good quick ammonia reducer) and my fatigue and brain fog went away in rapidly!

L-Ornithine

Posted by Reviewer2340534 on Apr 27, 2015

I Highly Rate this Product!

Helps my sleep

Posted by Reviewer1659563 on Mar 02, 2015

excellent product, helps me have a deeper sleep, I notice when I don't have it my sleep is very light, much better than sleeping pills

Fine

Posted by 4837842352329433016 on Nov 05, 2014

Nice quantity, nice presentation. It's right.

Decreases brain swelling during hyponatremic encephalopathy

Posted by PurplePegasus on Jun 21, 2013

I have life-threatening brain disease and this is the supplement for that for me. I often wake up disoriented, confused, unable to speak intelligibly, and with a certain kind of brain pressure which I recognize as encephalopathy brain swelling caused by liver disease and lack of sodium, which my body does not retain. Unfortunately, as my illness has progressed and I fear might be at the last stages, I can no longer sleep thru the night, I wake up every 3-4 hrs to ingest electrolytes/sodium. When I wake up with the emergency symptoms, I need to take this on empty stomach ASAP. These symptoms are gone within a half hour. Using this in combo with electrolyte replenishment works a lot better than sodium only. As a bonus, this product has caused me quite a bit of weight loss and muscle gain, which is a feat in itself after cortico-steroids had catabolized my muscle tissue several years ago and nothing worked to regain muscle tone; also considering I cannot exercise due the hyponatremia (low blood sodium), this is pretty impressive. Please note: aminos must not be taken with milk, they must be taken on an empty stomach and a good 1/2 hr to 1 hr before meals and B6 is typically necessary to activate (although I usually take it by itself and have B6 later in the day. This works fine for me). Hope this review helps someone out there with the same condition.

Great..

Posted by bodybuilder on Jul 20, 2012

Good Cheap but i decided to go with power instead.. Powder does not have a taste, is cheaper and easy to add to protein shake or juice.

Ammonia removal but beware if you have had shingles!

Posted by WildSweetVermont on Jun 26, 2012

Often used by body builders and atheletes to help build muscle mass, L-Ornithine also helps the body to release ammonia. It's a precursor to human growth hormone, can help with insomnia, etc. L-Ornithine and L-Arginine can activate latent herpes/shingles, so please be aware especially if you have had trouble suppressing outbreaks. Please do your research as you will probably not want to supplement with L-Arginine or L-Ornithine if you have ever had an ocular (eye) outbreak. Always consult with your doctor/health team before adding any supplement that could interfere with your medications or if you have any medical conditions that could be worsened. Take good care of yourself!

Two Thumbs up!

Posted by Reviewer2101538 on May 25, 2012

Along with a slew of vitamins (b6, Zinc, b5 etc etc), I've already been using the amino acids prescription Tryptophan, L-Glycine, Taurine and Glycine to treat my pyroluria/lyme and these have greatly helped with my panic attacks,insomnia,major fatigue, but I still felt I needed more.. I then bought the Ornithine and I take 1 capsule with every meal and find that it added that extra punch. I feel pretty calm and relaxed throughout the day, and at night I'm starting to sleep like a baby. Delivery was super fast. The only down side is the COD charges, which is not iherb's fault.

Good feeling

Posted by Reviewer3352270 on May 13, 2012

I just discover iHerb, and this product is Very investing... but next time i prefer pure powder. Great thanks

Posted by Reviewer2200562 on Dec 07, 2011