Now Foods, L-Phenylalanine, 500 mg, 120 Capsules

Good for depression

Posted by alloriginal on May 20, 2013

This is a must-have for anyone experiencing mild depression. Start with one capsule first thing in the morning. Over a few weeks, move up to two in the morning and one in the afternoon. MUST be taken on an empty stomach. This is the first ingrediant in your arsenal against depression. Also helpful are 5-htp (take at bedtime); B-complex; DMAE (I prefer first thing in the morning); phosphatidyl serine; vinpocetine; and fish oil. I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

Good!

Posted by Reviewer2624260 on May 14, 2008

Not too sure how it would work by itself as Im taking DMAE, Tyrosine, Phenylalanine and Theanine in the morning for mild depression and lack of concentration. The cocktail definitely improved my mood, energy and confidence at work. Laughters pop up naturally and easier now... I'm happy with the results, no need to take other doses during the day and no side effects so far. Also take 50mg of 5-HTP at night and it helps me to sleep like a baby.

Helps my mild depression

Posted by Reviewer2503069 on Dec 13, 2007

I find that if I don't take certain supplements I tend to get depressed. This is probably the centerpiece of my anti-depressant supplements.

Depression gone!

Posted by Reviewer1871866 on Oct 06, 2009

I take 1 capsule on an empty stomach 3x a day. I wake up in a great mood and it stays all day. My mild depression is virtually gone. Read up on this important amino acid before you decide to take it, for more information. This is, by far, the most beneficial supplement I take! NOW brand is my favorite, (no gluten in the ingredients) and delivery was prompt.

carbohydrate cravings

Posted by Reviewer3161256 on Jan 30, 2008

2 after breakfast and lunch are a great appetite suppressant and carb crave cutter.