July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Now Foods, L-Theanine, 100 mg, 90 Veggie Caps

Reviews 4-star

Great for anxiety...check for time to take

Posted by Reviewer2395925 on May 02, 2009

Both this upon several friends recommendations. Had been taking l-tyrosine and really liked it also. With the l-theanine I find that you have to decide what time is better in the day to take it. I was first taking it in the morning and it left me too letargic..probably overrelaxed which is great for the wknds but not so great when you have kids to teach. I found that taking it at night(several hours before I went to bed) has been what works for me so that I am feeling relaxed yet not tired. Great to take the edge off your mood and level off anxiety. Great suplement!

awesome dreams

Posted by Reviewer1503047 on Aug 05, 2011

I take this about 1-1/2 hours before bed. I'm still having trouble with initial insomnia but once I get to sleep, man, is it a good sleep! I have great dreams, not creepy ones like on melatonin. A pretty calming product, will buy again. Shipping superfast and perfect as always.

Seems to have an effect

Posted by Reviewer1173495 on Apr 20, 2010

For the first days 1 capsule made me drowsy. After that I seem to have gotten used to it. I think that it may actually make me a bit more mellow, a little less stressed. I take 1 about an hour before bedtime.

feel it

Posted by 4655772329923877037 on Apr 11, 2014

just used twice but both times better sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks!!!

Works okay, I guess

Posted by Reviewer1617001 on May 08, 2014

It's hard to determine how effective a product really is, when you're not sure it's exactly what you need. I trust Now Foods for quality and potency, but sometimes it seems that anti-anxiety supplements can have the opposite effect on me. I am not sure it has helped me relax and get to sleep better, but I have typically used it with other supplements at the same time, so I can't really say which one helped me get to sleep.