Now Foods, L-Theanine, 100 mg, 90 Veggie Caps

Reviews 4-star

Great for anxiety...check for time to take

Posted by Reviewer2395925 on May 02, 2009

Both this upon several friends recommendations. Had been taking l-tyrosine and really liked it also. With the l-theanine I find that you have to decide what time is better in the day to take it. I was first taking it in the morning and it left me too letargic..probably overrelaxed which is great for the wknds but not so great when you have kids to teach. I found that taking it at night(several hours before I went to bed) has been what works for me so that I am feeling relaxed yet not tired. Great to take the edge off your mood and level off anxiety. Great suplement!

awesome dreams

Posted by Reviewer1503047 on Aug 05, 2011

I take this about 1-1/2 hours before bed. I'm still having trouble with initial insomnia but once I get to sleep, man, is it a good sleep! I have great dreams, not creepy ones like on melatonin. A pretty calming product, will buy again. Shipping superfast and perfect as always.

Seems to have an effect

Posted by Reviewer1173495 on Apr 20, 2010

For the first days 1 capsule made me drowsy. After that I seem to have gotten used to it. I think that it may actually make me a bit more mellow, a little less stressed. I take 1 about an hour before bedtime.

feel it

Posted by 4655772329923877037 on Apr 11, 2014

just used twice but both times better sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks!!!

Stress-less

Posted by 5673682317556133077 on Mar 24, 2015

I've been using this for more than two weeks now, and I can honestly say there's a difference. I can feel it. I take one capsule an hour (more or less) before going to bed, plus I drink a good cup of Hops flower tea (also from iherb). At first I experienced a big positive change in my sleeping cycle and sleep quality. My dreams became much more lucid and my sleep became very hard, after the first week I started getting used to that, in a good way. The most important part is that during the days, after I started consuming L-Theanine, my panic levels went a down. The stress doesn't fade away completely, but become a bit translucent, and then easier to cope with. This is not a magic cure or anything, it won't make you panic-less. I suffer from a very harsh panic disorder and to have a day or two without a panic attack is blessed. And that is what I have achieved by using L-Theanine. One last thing, at the first week I also had a few stomach issues, I'm not saying it's necessarily related, since I had other dietary issues back then.