Now Foods, L-Theanine, 100 mg, 90 Veggie Caps

Be careful - some negative side effects

Posted by Reviewer1928527 on Jun 09, 2011

I liked this product at first and how relaxed I felt, but I had increased thoughts of voilence and suicide. I stopped taking it and now I'm back to normal. It works the same way that anti-anxieties work, and many of those medications can increase thoughts of suicide. Also, be careful if you take epilepsy medication as it can interfere with that. I started having more petite maul seizures. Plus I had a hard time remembering things. I've decided to stick with my Blue Vervain for now. I'm sure this can work on others, but I highly recommend that you stop taking it if you have any of the above symptoms that I experienced :/

Best product against insomnia

Posted by Reviewer1728405 on Apr 12, 2009

This is the best natural product against insomnia I've ever had. I wake up a bit sleepy, but that effect disappears after taking a shower. The relaxing effect works through the day after: it makes the mind less messy, more focused. Definitely a keeper.

Relax, Refresh, Revive ► A Superb Quality L-Theanine Product !

Posted by 3827GreenWood on Nov 28, 2013

L-Theanine is a relaxing but non-sedating amino acid. This product by Now Foods featuring Suntheanine which is an award-winning patented brand of L-Theanine from Japan. I like this great product a lot. It’s like yoga in a bottle because it helps to bring me back into balance with my nervous systems. Unlike other stress reducing supplements, Suntheanine does not cause drowsiness. Suntheanine brings a state of clarity into my day which can help me make better life decisions. I highly recommend this high quality product. I am a strong advocate on scientific medical research and evidence-based information, and constantly want to differentiate between marketing hyperbole and real world effects. I hope you'll find my review Helpful to you. Best wishes and good health to everyone!

Great for anxiety...check for time to take

Posted by Reviewer2395925 on May 02, 2009

Both this upon several friends recommendations. Had been taking l-tyrosine and really liked it also. With the l-theanine I find that you have to decide what time is better in the day to take it. I was first taking it in the morning and it left me too letargic..probably overrelaxed which is great for the wknds but not so great when you have kids to teach. I found that taking it at night(several hours before I went to bed) has been what works for me so that I am feeling relaxed yet not tired. Great to take the edge off your mood and level off anxiety. Great suplement!

awesome dreams

Posted by Reviewer1503047 on Aug 05, 2011

I take this about 1-1/2 hours before bed. I'm still having trouble with initial insomnia but once I get to sleep, man, is it a good sleep! I have great dreams, not creepy ones like on melatonin. A pretty calming product, will buy again. Shipping superfast and perfect as always.