Now Foods, L-Theanine, 100 mg, 90 Veggie Caps

Reviews 3-star

Be careful - some negative side effects

Posted by Reviewer1928527 on Jun 09, 2011

I liked this product at first and how relaxed I felt, but I had increased thoughts of voilence and suicide. I stopped taking it and now I'm back to normal. It works the same way that anti-anxieties work, and many of those medications can increase thoughts of suicide. Also, be careful if you take epilepsy medication as it can interfere with that. I started having more petite maul seizures. Plus I had a hard time remembering things. I've decided to stick with my Blue Vervain for now. I'm sure this can work on others, but I highly recommend that you stop taking it if you have any of the above symptoms that I experienced :/

Works great - for a while

Posted by Reviewer2843403 on Jul 07, 2011

I began taking this to reduce my "twitching" that happens as I go to sleep. It's not like restless leg but seems to compound when I get too much caffeine. This helped for about a month. Then I started to wake up more! I have since quit and the first night off was BAD. Second night seemed back to normal. I will stick with during the day or occasionally at night.

Dr. CB

Posted by Reviewer1171593 on Feb 05, 2008

We have been using this product for several weeks and have not been able to fully evaulate it. so gar it seems to be helping.

Now Foods L-Theanine 100mg.

Posted by Reviewer2631717 on Dec 06, 2013

I usually take another brands 200mg, Jarrow and those are hardly noticeable, so Now Foods 100mg is not noticed by me. but it might work. Only concern is the general lack of details on Now's labels. This is especially troublesome on their Vitamin K, because: There are over 4 kinds of vitamin K-4. Menaquinone 4, 7,8 and 11. Only the Menaquinone 7 is of true value for humans. The others are inexpensive or synthetic forms of no true value. Now Foods has a large number of vitamin supplements that avoid telling us exactly what we are getting. And I am getting more suspicious of this company for this evasive strategy.

don't know yet

Posted by Reviewer1878537 on Feb 10, 2011

I'm undecided abt this product. I'm sure it works wonders on those who react well to suntheanine, but I don't know what to say. It makes me calm, but sort of dizzy and sometimes, I have headaches. What I do though, I open one capsule and take just a bit of its content and this way its effects are milder and better for me.